Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Beginner

Default Visa requirements for cruise to Central America

I am an Indian Citizen currently working in the US. I have a cruise scheduled for December (Carnival) that passes through Cozumel, The Cayman Islands, Belize and Isla Routan. I checked with the embassies (except Isla Routan, since there is not much information on the web) and I was told that cruise passengers dont require a visa. I just wanted to confirm with the folks on this forum. Thanks in advance for your help
Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

I belive that to be true, that you do not need a visa..But check with the US embassy to see and also upon your entry back into the US what is required. Have a great cruise.
Old September 26th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Visa requirements for cruise to Central America

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralliart77
I am an Indian Citizen currently working in the US. I have a cruise scheduled for December (Carnival) that passes through Cozumel, The Cayman Islands, Belize and Isla Routan. I checked with the embassies (except Isla Routan, since there is not much information on the web) and I was told that cruise passengers dont require a visa. I just wanted to confirm with the folks on this forum. Thanks in advance for your help
Ralliart,

With you being an Indian Citizen your situation is a bit unique for the majority of the readers. Maybe another Indian citizen has been on a cruise like yours but I wouldn't count on a final or accurate answer. I strongly suggest that you check with your country, the U.S. State Department and the individual islands to really cover your bases. You are an Indian citizen and not U.S. so there may be differences.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 28th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Visa requirements for cruise to Central America

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralliart77
We went on a cruise with a friend that was not a US citizen. He was born in one country but became a citizen of another country, and his passport is from there. He is in the US on a work visa. He wrote to all Embassy's involved, birth country, passport country, US State Dept, all destination countries, and had letters of instruction from each country. Still it took about an hour to get him OK'd to board.
At the end of the cruise Immigration took him away for about a hour as well. They fined him $250.00 as THEY decided his paper work was not in order! He is a young guy and was near broke at the end of the cruise, so IM. drove him to an ATM and let him take cash out to pay his fine!

I'm guessing he financed their beer party that week!