Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2010, 03:22 PM
Beginner

Default Water On Board

I'm sailing on the Dream on 3/13. If you buy a soda card does this entitle you to bottles of water? Sitting outside in the sun all day I want to stay hydrated (and still drink some beer). How is the water situation on the boat handled? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2010, 04:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Soda card does not include bottled water. It's for fountain sodas only.

The tap water onboard is purified, and is as good as any bottled water. Bring your own container and fill up whenever you like.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 04:51 PM
Captain

I totally agree with Kuki, the water on board is very good, we always bring our own bottles, fill them with ice then top them off with water. Then we're all set for heading off exploring new destinations.
Carrnival Victory 2004, Carnival Valor 2005, Carnival Fantasy 2006, Carnival Fascination 2006, Carnival Destiny 2007
Carnival Sensation 2007. Carnival Fascination 2007 Carnival Triumph 2008, Carnival Fascination 2008, MSC Orchestra 2008, Carnival Fascination 2009, Carnival Glory 2010

Waiting for the Carnival Imagination June 28,2010
Old February 23rd, 2010, 02:46 PM
Admiral

I also bring my own thermos onboard and fill it with ice and water from the Lido deck beverage stations, not only do I use it when we are at sea but also fill it up and bring it onshore. The water bottles that everyone purchases as they are getting off the ship, turns warm very quickly in the hot weather, yuck.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 04:18 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Personally, I would just bring my own water bottle(s) and fill them from the tap. The price of on board bottled water and the hassle of carrying on bottled water isn't worth the chance that there may be a slight issue with any ship's water. Note: None of the issues mean that water is not potable. The cruise lines check the water on a daily basis and the water itself is comes from distillation or reverse osmosis processing of sea water.

"Usually" the water is as good or better than any public water source with no off taste or discoloration. However, it is possible that there is a chance there will be some taste or discoloration in the water. This comes from the pipes getting older or because of maintenance.

I never had a water problem until the last few cruises. Carnival Pride had an off flavor to the water on both my 11/08 cruise and 5/09 cruise. The Statendam had some discoloration in 2006 and Radiance of the Seas had a few episodes of very brown water that lasted a few seconds. They were working on the plumbing on Radiance.

Because of these experiences I no longer make the blanket statement that "all" cruise water is as good or better than bottled water.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me