Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Familiar Face

Default Cocoa Beach Shuttle & Beachline Shuttle

We are taking a cruise on the Carnival Dream and will be staying at a local motel in Cocoa Beach. I have negative reviews on these shuttles. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with either one of these?
Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Admiral

We used the Cocoa Beach Shuttle a few years ago and they were timely and friendly but now we just rent a car from Budget - return closest to the port. It is only an hours drive down the B-Line and gives you freedom to pick up last minute items and drive around the city. I grew up there and it is an easy place to get around. Enjoy your cruise.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old April 7th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the reply. We are driving down from Ohio so rental is not a good option for us. I know some of the motels use them and they stated they will pick us up at any motel in Cocoa Beach. Just don't like the negative reviews I've been reading.
Old April 8th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I stayed at a hotel in Cocoa Beach and called a shuttle. They said they never pick up before 1:00PM. I like to be aboard before then. I called a local taxi and they came and got us. I cannot remember the price but it was comparable to the shuttle and more efficient.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old April 8th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Familiar Face

Laura - Thank you for the info. We too like to get to the ship well before 1:00. I asked both shuttle services if they would pick us up at 9:30 and the answer was Yes! However I have read a lot of negative reviews about their reliability. Last time we were there the taxi was 2-3 times higher than the shuttle and after the cruise, I had trouble getting a taxi. All of them wanted to go to the airport (more $$$$$)
Old April 8th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Admiral

Some of the Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral hotels have park & cruise programs that include a shuttle. I believe the Radison is one. I'm sure there are others. Like Laura said the area is not that large that a shuttle will save you more over the cost of a cab. Just be sure to stay north of the Air Force base.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Star Clippers: Royal Clipper 2015
Old April 9th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Admiral

We have used Cocoa Beach Shuttle one time (actually from the Radisson because we did not want to wait on their shuttle).

They were on time. Their vehicle was clean and well maintained. The staff were very nice.

We purchased a round trip ticket...and they were easy to find after the cruise....and took us right back to the Radisson....

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old April 9th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I am not sure of the price but it was less than $10. This was in 2005. The hotel was only about 3 miles from the port.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old April 10th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Thanks for the reply. We are driving down from Ohio so rental is not a good option for us. I know some of the motels use them and they stated they will pick us up at any motel in Cocoa Beach. Just don't like the negative reviews I've been reading.
Sorry I thought you were flying in. If you are staying in Cocoa Beach, many hotels offer shuttle service. We have stayed at the Hampton Inn and Comfort Inn as well as the Radisson. Depending on the hotel/motel it is a few miles to the port so a taxi would be less than $20. Another shuttle service I've seen used a lot is Art's Shuttle. Hope this helps.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old April 10th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Familiar Face

Default Shuttle

Thanks to everyone responding to my questions. I haven't heard or Art's, I will try to give them a call!

09/26/2010 CARNIVAL PRIDE
01/04/2009 COSTA FORTUNA
11/09/2008 CARNIVAL LEGEND
10/20/2007 CARNIVAL GLORY
10/28/2006 CARNIVAL TRIUMPH
12/05/2004 CARNIVAL MIRACLE
10/29/2000 PARADISE
10/01/1998 TROPICALE
01/17/1997 ECSTASY
09/29/1995 ECSTASY
Old September 23rd, 2013, 11:18 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Don't use Beachline Transport

We stay at the DoubleTree and they use Beachline Transport.
This shuttle service is always late! No Customer Service if there are issues !

Take a taxi, it's the same price or just a little more.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 01:53 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I recall we used whatever shuttle the hotel we stayed at in Cocoa beach offered. They picked us up at 11:00 and we were among the first at our ship. Frankly I would have rather waited for 1:00 since everyone was there early and boarding the ship was a zoo.
Old November 8th, 2014, 12:53 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
We are taking a cruise on the Carnival Dream and will be staying at a local motel in Cocoa Beach. I have negative reviews on these shuttles. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with either one of these?
DO NOT USE -ROYAL SHUTTLE, Cocoa Beach, FL ROYAL SHUTTLE SERVICES | Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Port Canaveral Shuttle, Orlando Airport Shuttle Services, Cocoa Beach – So I don’t waste any more time dealing with this company describing my problems, simply go to Royal Shuttle Business Review in Cocoa Beach, FL - Central Florida BBB to see their F rating from the Better Business Bureau. We did have excellent service with "Cocoa Beach Schuttle" after our horrible experience with royal
Old November 8th, 2014, 12:54 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Cruiser View Post
Sorry I thought you were flying in. If you are staying in Cocoa Beach, many hotels offer shuttle service. We have stayed at the Hampton Inn and Comfort Inn as well as the Radisson. Depending on the hotel/motel it is a few miles to the port so a taxi would be less than $20. Another shuttle service I've seen used a lot is Art's Shuttle. Hope this helps.
DO NOT USE -ROYAL SHUTTLE, Cocoa Beach, FL ROYAL SHUTTLE SERVICES | Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Port Canaveral Shuttle, Orlando Airport Shuttle Services, Cocoa Beach – So I don’t waste any more time dealing with this company describing my problems, simply go to Royal Shuttle Business Review in Cocoa Beach, FL - Central Florida BBB to see their F rating from the Better Business Bureau.