Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Bachelor's Party?

I am planning a bachelor's party for my buddy and was wondering if a cruise ship was a good idea. I was thinking a 4 day trip to Ensenada from Long Beach on the Carnival Paradise.

I've never been on a cruise before so I have no idea what to expect. There would probably be about 8 of us. We are all in our late 20s and mostly single.

I'd imagine the guys would like to be spending their time boozing and partying so I'm not sure a cruise ship is the best place for those types of shenanigans.

Also, what is the demographic for these types of cruises? Are there any single young people or is it mostly families?
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by evademan View Post
I am planning a bachelor's party for my buddy and was wondering if a cruise ship was a good idea. I was thinking a 4 day trip to Ensenada from Long Beach on the Carnival Paradise.

I've never been on a cruise before so I have no idea what to expect. There would probably be about 8 of us. We are all in our late 20s and mostly single.

I'd imagine the guys would like to be spending their time boozing and partying so I'm not sure a cruise ship is the best place for those types of shenanigans.

Also, what is the demographic for these types of cruises? Are there any single young people or is it mostly families?
The 3 and 4 day cruises attract a younger demographic and can be bit more "active".

It really depends on what type of bachelor party you want. A cruise could be a good choice if you want to have some drinks, dance in the discos and just enjoy the groom's last few nights of freedom. However, the wild party type of bachelor party won't go over too well on a cruise ship. Over partying can result in security becoming involved and even having to leave the ship.

Also, with the enhancements in security it is getting harder and harder to get the donkey on board.

Take care and congrats to your buddy.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 15th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Talking no worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evademan View Post

I wouldn't worry about it. The people make the party not the place. Girls will be plenty, drinks will be strong, and that bachelor will have a great time. I'm crazy in a harmless but hilarious way and if the bachelor has friends like me (I'm betting he does) the cruise will be amazing.
Old June 16th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Also, with the enhancements in security it is getting harder and harder to get the donkey on board.
Mike
Mike is a guy who knows how to party.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I've been on several cruises and I think they are all pretty laid back for a bachelor party. I would at least suggest a specialty cruise with bands or specific a specific type of music that you enjoy. I recently took a "groove cruise" which is probably on the extreme side of the party cruises and had a blast (it's all techno though). The company that offers these is whey travel and each cruise line has their own version (although I doubt the groove cruise could be beat). Good luck!
Old September 5th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Familiar Face

Hi friends i am here i just want to say you that me and my girlfriend are getting married and
I'm having a bachelors party but really dont like to go to clubs or out drinking, what
else could I do with the guys and still have fun were we can orders some
expensive pizza I'm pretty sure that we were all enjoy this very much.....
Old September 5th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Josquin,
Just do what you enjoy whether it is bowling, rock climbing, poetry reading or a massive video game-a-thon. Good luck.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014