Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to purpledevilduck
Default complementary cruise phone call

I know there has been a post card and email going around regarding a free cruise. I just received a phone call from (480)359-4334. I ignored it because I didn't recognize the number or area code. When I called it back the first thing I got was an automated system that thanked me for calling them back and them said that it was about a complementary cruise. I promptly hung up as it sounded like it was going to be for a scam.

Has anyone else received a phone call like this? Is it a scam?
Carnival Valor Sept/Oct 2007
Carnival Freedom Jan 2010
Carnival Liberty Feb 2013

Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Captain

There are no free lunches and unless you won it fair and square, such as at a bingo game, you didnt win a free cruise. The fees will be almost as much as just booking the cruise on your own and the aggravation to get this so called free cruise are to make you give up.

There are better ways of getting discounted group cruises. Iv gotten cheaper cruises than the one offered in the post card free cruise offer.
Old October 11th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

Call Block them if you can, or add them to your DO NOT CALL LIST.....

SCAM

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old October 11th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

If you were to explore it further..you would probably find it's a so called "cruise" on the Imperial Majesty..a far cry from a true cruise experience.

Don't get involved..it's not worth your time, or, investment.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 12th, 2011, 03:11 AM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

Or on Celebration Cruiseline....a.k.a. barge to the bahamas......another woof-woof-woof

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old October 12th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Admiral

You did the right thing by hanging up. Good Move

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Old October 12th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2cruiz View Post
Or on Celebration Cruiseline....a.k.a. barge to the bahamas......another woof-woof-woof
I just won a cruise on Celebration Cruise Lines. They even gave me an envelope with cash for the port charges and taxes. Yes I know the ship is not much to look at but the trip is just what a lot of folks are looking for. We get a lot of calls for that quick getaway. The trip is for two and so far I have not selected a friend to go. I am going in May I think. I was going to ask the woman who owns the agency I work for. That way we can both experience the product since we sell it. My neice did that cruise and she liked it. She said it was just perfect for a getaway. I like the fact that you can combine the cruise with time at Lucaya Resort to make a nice vacation. Very versatile product in my mind.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old October 12th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Admiral

They have called me multiple times, to the point where I left a message saying "stop calling me", only now that politely.
Marty
Old October 15th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

It is a scam..just google. Channel 4 news did a piece on this scam the past summer.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 02:44 PM
Welcome Newcomer

exact same phone number reported here, it's funny/cheesy how they use sound effects from the ship such as a ship horn to attract attention. (funny/sad)
Old November 2nd, 2011, 03:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznut2 View Post
I just won a cruise on Celebration Cruise Lines. They even gave me an envelope with cash for the port charges and taxes. Yes I know the ship is not much to look at but the trip is just what a lot of folks are looking for. We get a lot of calls for that quick getaway. The trip is for two and so far I have not selected a friend to go. I am going in May I think. I was going to ask the woman who owns the agency I work for. That way we can both experience the product since we sell it. My neice did that cruise and she liked it. She said it was just perfect for a getaway. I like the fact that you can combine the cruise with time at Lucaya Resort to make a nice vacation. Very versatile product in my mind.

Laura
In re reading this post it looks as if I "won" that cruise they offer over the phone. I have never even got a phone call about it. My win came from a different source and it is not a scam. As stated above they even provided the cash to pay for the port charges and taxes. When I called to claim my prize I was not asked for any money upfront. The cruise had been purchased and paid for to offer as a prize. I sail next May for a relaxing getaway to the Bahamas.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old November 2nd, 2011, 07:46 PM
Welcome Newcomer

We got the same call (or at least the same type). They called everyday for two weeks. we called them back and while we were talking to them I brought the ship that they told us it was on the internet and it said that it was a scam. We told the person of the phone that the internet site said that it was a scam and not to call us back. We hung up and they haven't called us back. Nothing is free.