Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:26 PM
Familiar Face

Default Made a tough choice

My fiance and myself talked this over and after reading many reviews and watching youtube videos we decided to cancel our honeymoon cruise on the Ruby Princess and rebooked with the Carnival Liberty. We will be heading to the eastern Caribbean our of Miami on Dec 8th.

We are first time cruisers so we may or may not have made a good choice, but given our age. (28-24) we figured Carnival may be a better choice for us.

Has anyone been on the Exotic Eastern Caribbean cruise before? If so what were your thoughts and highlights of your cruise?
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

I think you will have an excellent time on the Liberty. The exotic Eastern is a great itinerary and is particularly beautiful. The Liberty has the new fun ship 2.0 upgrades like Guy's Burger Joint, so it will certainly be an exciting ship to be on. While I don't hear bad things about Princess, they do cater to a slightly older crowd and tend to be middle of the road in everything. I think you made a great choice.
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Captain

Default liberty cruise

we did the liberty cruise last year and really enjoyed it you will
realy enjoyed half moon cay they have a nice beach and the sand is real soft i hpe you willenjoy it denise
Old May 6th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Familiar Face

We actually dont stop at half moon cay. Instead we stop at Nassau. Either way I'm sure we will both enjoy it
Old May 6th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I sailed the Liberty in June of '11 and two months ago. Carnival Liberty is a good choice if you want a younger demographic and a more active nightlife. The bars, disco and Comedy Clubs were active every night. The new 2.0 upgrades are nice but not a revolutionary change. Guy's Burgers are very good but don't think they are the ultimate burger.

I'm not sure what your exact "Exotic Eastern" route is. It's a shame you don't get to go to HMC. It was an enjoyable beach day. If you go to Grand Turk I suggest doing a snorkeling excursion. There isn't too much "active" excursions there other than diving or snorkeling. If you want to kick back by the pool at Margaritaville or do some shopping then it's a good stop.

I know you'll enjoy the cruise and congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 6th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Familiar Face

Mike

We have two of the same stops as the cruise that we cancelled. Grand Turk and St Thomas. Our other two stops are Nassau and San Juan.
Old May 6th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tison1200 View Post
Mike

We have two of the same stops as the cruise that we cancelled. Grand Turk and St Thomas. Our other two stops are Nassau and San Juan.
St Thomas...It is very overcrowded but it is one of the best Islands for shopping...There are some nice tours to go on.
Just a note : The cruise line will probaly give you a list of shops they recommend, that doesnt mean you can't shop in stors they don't recommend. The first time we went to St Thomas, we did the shop walk and found a store not on the list called "Trident Jewelery" I bought a beautiful gold chain their..Back in 1998 at a price of $375.00...a few years later I had it apprasied state side , and the appraiser said it was one of the most beautiful chains he ever saw for the price i paid...he valued it at $1000.

Last edited by buttons16; May 6th, 2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old May 7th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by tison1200 View Post
Mike

Personally I think both cruises are excellent choices as is the Eastern Caribbean route. San Juan is now one of our favorite places in the Caribbean. Spend some time walking around Old San Juan, the city walls and the fort. No tours or needed. Don't leave without stopping by La Bombonera for a Mallorca...MMMMM!

As for St Thomas - Not sure if Godfrey is still doing tours there are not but if he is book him for sure. Great tour of the island and a stop at the beach of your choice (pick Magens Bay)
Old May 9th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

I think you made the correct choice...enjoy!

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old May 10th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Familiar Face

You made the right choice. I have been on Liberty twice and we loved it. The new upgrades will make it that much better.

Carnival Miracle 03/20/04
carnival Holiday 12/02/04
Carnival Miracle 09/04/05
Carnival Fantasy 07/08/06
Carnival Liberty 11/25/06
Carnival Liberty 09/09/07
Carnival Sensation 02/14/08
Carnival Ecstasy 12/05/11

Nothing like cruising with the one you love.