CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Half a day at Cozumel (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/389616-half-day-cozumel.html)

Snoozeman May 27th, 2012 10:17 AM

Half a day at Cozumel
 
:( On our port call to Cozumel the scheduled 'back on board' time was 2:30 pm. Come on.....serious? The average pax is lucky to get just a few hours on the island. Why bother? Bad move by CCL - IMHO.

It's all about fuel savings irreguardless of the inconvenience of the passenger.:rolleyes:

johnthed0g May 27th, 2012 12:08 PM

This has also been reported by P&O passengers, ''whole days'' cut back, instead of arriving at about 7/8am & leaving mid afternoon.

rufflesmom May 28th, 2012 11:30 AM

I am booked on the Magic in Sept. I noticed that our arrival time in Cozumel is 10 am and departure 6 pm. That sure doesn't seem like enough time to do much. I thought that was kind of strange.

Mike M May 28th, 2012 11:46 AM

Something is definitely going on at Carnival. The changes in the quality of product and selection in the MDR and the buffet. The drink issue you pointed out and the shorter port stays. I also just saw on John Heald's blog that ice will no longer be standard. The cabin steward will ask at the beginning of the cruise if you will require ice.

How about insulated ice buckets. I hate coming back from shore to a bucket of tepid water and then schlep to a bar to get some ice.

I wonder what's next. Once per day cabin cleaning. hmmmm

Take care,
Mike

Snoozeman May 28th, 2012 12:19 PM

They didn't have a Fun Farewell party on the final sea day either.

Lot's of cut backs!!

snorklr45 May 28th, 2012 02:49 PM

A 2:30pm back on board time??!!! Oh that is just BS!!! I had planned on snorkeling all day in Coz with a nice lunch and break at Sabores authentic Mexican restaurant. I'm cruising this same ship (Triumph)in October and this situation is making me consider moving my deposit to another cruise. Will CCL let you move your deposit to another cruise without penalty? Does anyone know??

Snoozeman May 28th, 2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snorklr45 (Post 1430177)
A 2:30pm back on board time??!!! Oh that is just BS!!! I had planned on snorkeling all day in Coz with a nice lunch and break at Sabores authentic Mexican restaurant. I'm cruising this same ship (Triumph)in October and this situation is making me consider moving my deposit to another cruise. Will CCL let you move your deposit to another cruise without penalty? Does anyone know??

Unless you booked ES you can move it any time before final payment.

Master Chief May 28th, 2012 03:59 PM

FYI: Carnival Dream is currently in Cozumal today (5/28/2012) and her port times are: arrival 1000 local, depart: 1800 local. Are there now different times for different ships?

Snoozeman May 28th, 2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Chief (Post 1430199)
FYI: Carnival Dream is currently in Cozumal today (5/28/2012) and her port times are: arrival 1000 local, depart: 1800 local. Are there now different times for different ships?

Yes. Each ship has different times.

HawkeyeFLA May 28th, 2012 06:00 PM

CCL Imagination seems to have one of the better call times. Docks at 1300, departs at 2200. So 9 hours. But their Key West visit is the abismal one. Dock at 0730, depart at 1400. Nothing worth doing on your own in Key West can really be done before 10ish in my opinion ...

snorklr45 May 28th, 2012 10:00 PM

Thank you guys for the recommendations. I will save these. Final payment was not due until Sept or Oct. Cruise was for Oct. That cruise is just not worth it without a full day in Cozumel.

Snooze, I do not believe I booked ES. I booked with a CCL agent directly and I have his direct line. He led me to believe I could do basically whatever I wanted..That they were very flexible. We will see.

Phil&Liz May 29th, 2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozeman (Post 1430159)
They didn't have a Fun Farewell party on the final sea day either.

Could this have been because it was a 5 day?
Do they have the ffp on a 5 day?

Snoozeman May 29th, 2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil&Liz (Post 1430387)
Could this have been because it was a 5 day?
Do they have the ffp on a 5 day?

I think they may have done away with them fleetwide..there was some talk on FB about it.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1