Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 8th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default First time cruisers

In December I will be going on my first cruise
I have a few questions...
We are going to the Western Carribean. What will the weather be like?
We will be in Cozumel, Yucatan, Progresso. Any suggestions on what to do while in Port?
We will be on the Elation. Any suggestions on fun stuff to do for people in their late 20's on this ship?
What are some things we need to bring that we wouldnt think of???
How do people dress on carribean cruises? Will it be warm on the ship?
How much money do I need for a 5 day trip? Im a drinker.
Is there ways to sneak your own alcohol on? lol
Im sure I have a million more but this is all I can think of for now.
Thanks ahead of time for any advice
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Pack for warm weather but aloow for cool eavnings.
I dont sneak mutch but I understand you can have alcohol delivered to your statroom.
There will be lots to do... but I have long forgotten what a late 20 something wants to do.. If you like to drink, you will be in good company, Thre will be a number of clubs on the ship for night life.
take a look at some of the photo albums. Youl get a good idea of what people are wearing... it's like a vacaion anywhere else.. casual comfortable cloths and bathing suites mostly.

Welcome to the board.. your gona love cruising.

Old November 8th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Welcome Flo,
Keep in mind, while on the ship, you will be using the sign/sail card for all your onboard purchases. At the end of the cruise it will go directly to a credit card that you provide. This card is also your cabin door key and you will need it to get off and back on the ship. You can normally figure about $100 per day for any excursions, purchases you may make, its just a guide and all depends on how much you drink, etc....

EAch evening, they will leave you a paper with all the activities onboard the following day, so you can plan what you will do, or not do....

There is also a dress code for the evenings and dinner, that will also be in your paper, you may have one formal evening. On that evening, you can have some professional portraits taken to purchase or not if you don't like them...

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 8th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Carnival does not have any formal nights. They do call a couple of nights "elegant nights", and some folks do dress up, but slacks and a shirt won't be out of place either.

On non elegant nights they do even allow dress/bermuda shorts in the dining room.

So, basically, dress comfortably and cleanly; bathing suits and cover ups during the day; slacks, skirts, etc in the evening. No muscle shirts etc for the dining room.

The weather should be great, but it's never guaranteed.

If you are going to use a credit card to guarantee your onboard expenses, make sure there's enough available on it to cover those purchases.
The more you drink, the larger the end of cruise tab will be

Expect to have a ball on board. Shorter cruises will generally have a fairly young crowd on board, and everyone is busy trying to get seven days of fun into five. Enjoy!
Old November 9th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thank you so much for the advice. We leave in less then 30 days and are getting very excited I had planned on $100 a day so that's good. Is there anything you can think of to pack that most people who have never cruised wouldn't think of??
Old November 9th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

We always make sure we have small clock if you want to know what time it is in your room. Make sure you remember your sunglasses And we always take a small "air freshner" spray for the bathroom. Don't purchase the gifts onboard the ship until the last ight, there will be sales then.
We are leaving on Dec 19th for B2B cruises on the Elation from New Orleans. This will make our 8 & 9 cruise. You will love it Have fun!

Holiday 2002
Conquest 2004
Sensation 2008
Splendor 2009
Elation 2010
Triumph 2011
Conquest 2012
Elation 2012
Elation 2012 (B2B)
Conquest 2013
Dream 2014
Old November 9th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Familiar Face

call the bon voyage dept at carnival to order alcohol before you cruise. I just order a liter of crown royal for $65.00. Its more than what it cost at home but it is worth it. I take a 12pack of coke and have fun.