Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Familiar Face

Default Port Carnaveral Terminals

We are looking at taking a cruise on the Carnaval Liberty and then getting off the ship and cruising on the Carnival Sunshine. My question is does anyone know how far a walk it would be to the other ship? Liberty appears to dock at terminal 6, but I read conflicting information on the Sunshine, which is either terminal 5 or 10.
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I wouldn't think it would be far but it could be a short hike. Carnival ships are usually moored near each other at the upper end of the port. It would just be which way they moor.
Old August 27th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Admiral

If "Liberty" is at 6, and "Sunshine" is at 5, it's literally right next door. On the other hand, if "Liberty" is at 6 and "Sunshine" is at 10, it's a pretty good hike. In fact, you might have to take a cab, or shuttle. It's not really too far as the crow flies, but it's quite a long distance on the road.
The lovely Mrs. Jones recently took a voyage on "Liberty", and they left from pier 6, but returned to pier 10. Carnival supplied a shuttle for all those folks who parked at the pier, as it was too far to walk with all the luggage, etc.

"SKY"
Old August 28th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Admiral

Ken ( Sky ) is right about the docking-- Both the Liberty and the Sunshine do 7 and 8 day cruises from Port Canaveral--first off, you need to check to see if the schedules are coordinated--one may be on a 7 day while the other is on an 8 day--thus, you may need to stay overnight . And too, where they dock again depends on the schedule of each others cruises. I've never seen the Sunshine docked anywhere except across the turning basin from where RCCl docks on Sunday but have seen the Liberty docked at the RCCL dock on Friday . Not meaning to sound confusing but you need to check each ships sailing schedule and if they do coincide, you will need a cab--it's a long, U shaped walk to get from one side to the other, even if you could walk--it wasn't built for pedestrian foot traffic so I wouldn't even try to walk, especially with luggage.
I don't know when you're planning on going but go to the Port Canaveral web cam and you can get a good idea of what we're talking about. The Liberty I think will be in there Fri. --the Sunshine may be in on Sat. but do check out the web cam Fri. about 4 o'clock and again on Sat. to get an idea of how they dock, etc.
Old August 28th, 2014, 10:21 PM
Admiral

To kaneals---- I erred about the Liberty being in Port Canaveral this Fri--it's current position shows its a day and so many hours out, on the way back to Canaveral from St. Martin from an 8 day cruise. The current position , if correct, shows the Sunshine on it's way to Grand Turk so it would be a day later getting to Port Canaveral so that would put it back at Canaveral at least a day later than the Liberty. Both ships have been on 8 day cruises this week.
We have a cruise scheduled in a few weeks on the Liberty and it leaves on Friday--so if you're trying to do back to backs on these two ships, like I said, be sure you get their schedules down to see if they leave on the same days--I don't think they do due to the 7 & 8 day cruise itins. but I would still advise looking at Port Canaveral web cam Sat. and Sunday evening around 4 p.m. --fun to watch the ships leave whether we are on them or not.
Good luck.
Old August 29th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Familiar Face

Ok thanks. We are looking to take the 8 day cruise on Liberty that leaves on Friday, and then take the Sunshine, which leaves the following Saturday.