Old October 31st, 2015, 06:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman
Default Live from Triumph Journeys 21-day cruise

I'm doing a daily update on my Blog on the Carnival Triumph's Journey cruises 10/24/15 through 11/14/15 if your interested in following...

RaysCruiseBlog.com

Here's Day One:

Saturday / Embarkation / October 24th, 2015 / Day 1
I had the very good LQ waffle for breakfast and met friends I am taking to the pier this morning. I’m actually in the ‘farm truck’ and we have a light rain so we covered all our luggage in plastic and were off to Galveston about 9:30 am to beat the heavy rain about to arrive. I dropped the friends and my large duffle off at Terminal Two about 10:30 and I drove over to EZ Cruise Parking to park and was shuttled back over to the ship soon afterward. Terminal Two is the smaller terminal, but the Carnival Freedom is docked at Terminal One which is the norm every other Saturday. Perhaps they should have considered switching simply because they knew there were over 1000 Priority guests to load the Triumph and there are NO real priority areas in T2. Of course it was a mess when I arrived back, I got checked in fairly easily, but boarding didn’t start early and the terminal was over packed with guests waiting to board. It was an unusual occurrence...1-they are doing construction in Terminal Two to add more guest space before the arrival of the Liberty of the Seas 2-there were over a thousand with Priority boarding including 108 Diamonds and 798 Platinums and 3-the rain scare brought many more guests to the pier early. Considering the circumstances I thought it went fair. The Diamonds were the very first to board...I could not get to the front until the people in front of me realized that they were not going to get in and moved a bit to allow actual Diamonds through. Then they boarded the Platinum, Suites, and FTTF. The guests who arrived after 1:30 pm were able to walk right on...first to arrive is not always the best. I went direct to my cabin to drop my backpack and carry-on bag and refresh. I was very hot from the humidity and packed terminal and needed to cool off soon. I carry a bathing suit in my carry-on so I went to the covered aft lido pool area. First I got a great pizza (first one they made that day) and the enjoyed the cool refreshing water. It was great. Then I hit the hot tub to soak my poor knees and the difficult embarkation was no longer a thought!. Soon I began seeing more and more friends so we had an impromptu welcome party and I did enjoy a few Fun Ship Specials (thanks ML). It was approaching time for Safety Drill so I returned to my cabin. No bags as yet, but I unpacked my toiletries, computer, etc. from backpack and my quite full carry-on bag. Safety/Boat Drill was about 4:30 but I knew we were far from sail away…also still no bags. I am glad I carry my one pair of dress pants and two shirts in my carry-on for emergencies. I was able to get ready for dinner meet friends as we began our late sail away. My large bag was finally delivered about 7:15 as I was leaving for the Alchemy Bar for an Aperitif. The lead Alchemist is Tijana whom I have enjoyed in the past in the Alchemy (she began preparing my drink before I ordered)…Natalya is the other Alchemist and Kitty the server. I am a big fan of the Alchemy Bar…always fun. Dinner is at 8:15 pm, I arranged to get table 545 in the center of the Paris Dining Room (MDR), a nice table with my friends in a good location. This is my FIRST experience with the new American Table. I will reserve judgment for a few days, but I do not like that we do not have tablecloths. You have bread, butter, and water already on the table along with an unusual multi-purpose bread plate. The menu is different, and anything different is a good thing, the unique feature being a special ‘port’ menu that will feature food & drink from the local port of call. For dinner tonight I ordered: the Jalapino Poppers, the Sweet & Sour Shrimp, the sliced Pork Steak entree, and the Tirimisu for dessert. After dinner was multiple choices of activities including: Party Music with Music Power, Latin Music with Latin Sugar, Piano Bar with Berry, High Seas Karaoke, and more. After a busier day than my usual day one I retired to the cabin after dinner to settle in and enjoy the rocking and rolling that the high seas are providing and sleep well.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog
Old October 31st, 2015, 07:13 PM
Admiral

Might as well piggy back! On the same cruise and posting lots of pictures (not so much words).

Carnival Triumph Oct 24th Journeys Cruise

Done:

Carnival Horizon Transatlantic

Carnival Splendor Panama Canal

Royal Princess

Vision of the Seas

Carnival Miracle Alaska

Carnival Diamond
Princess Platinum
and more...