Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2001, 06:27 PM
slavearlen

Default So Much Complaining!!1

How in the world can people go on a cruise ship with the staff waiting on you constantinly, no cooking, no mail, no telephone, no communting traffic, maid service, room service, massages, etc., etc., etc., .... and find soooo mucht to complain about. I have spent my entire life waiting to do this and I cherish every moment. If they dropped my dinner on my head ..... I would probably just laugh. Complain, complain, complain !!! Enough already!!! Enjoy yourselves!
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2001, 08:08 PM
OLDMAN

Default Mega Dittos Dude

I couldn't agree more. I plan my vacations to relax and enjoy, not to criticize, bemoan and complain.
Old March 6th, 2001, 08:12 PM
Mary Lou

Default Re: So Much Complaining!!1

You are so right. There is no such thing as a bad cruise!
Old March 6th, 2001, 08:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Bad cruise, whats that??

Donnassei
Old March 6th, 2001, 08:39 PM
First Mate

We were on the first cruise out of Houston (Premier)!!!!!! Now that was A BAD cruise
Old March 6th, 2001, 11:31 PM
PORTER

I like your style. Someday if we find us together on board we should locate all the complainers and tell them to"GET A LIFE "
Old March 7th, 2001, 01:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Matt

You all hit the nail on the head,just rotten people who are miserable and like nothing better than to hear themselves talk!
Old March 7th, 2001, 05:10 AM
slavearlen

Now we're getting somewhere! If you can't cruise with a heathly attitude then do the following:
Cook your own food
Clean your own clothes
Get your own ice
Clean your own dishes
Change your own sheets
Make your own coffee
and last but not least...... stay home. The other passengers and particularly the hard working crew and staff will greatly appreciate it.
You could be voted off the ship by your fellow passengers.
Old March 7th, 2001, 08:10 AM
MiaPortia

Well put, Slavearlen! Unfortunately, it seems that "the glass is always half empty" people always feel the need to share their churlish attitude. These are the same folks that can walk outside on a beautiful, sunny spring morning and complain, " Yuck, the dew just got on my shoes...." It's all in the attitude, and those with a negative outlook should keep it to themselves! Mia
Old March 7th, 2001, 09:20 AM
David Starkey

Correction......We were on a cancelled Big Red Boat II with no A/C and toilet problems and the cruise had to be cancelled and passengers kicked off the ship.

We also have been on Mercury when a hurricane forced us to completely change our ports of call and we had 3 days of heavy rain and high winds.

Sorry to disagree with you..
Old March 7th, 2001, 09:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

What I am interested in finding out, is what these people's lives must be like if they complain about a cruise ship. My, how they must be pampered in everyday life in order to find fault with a cruise, any cruise.

....hurricanes and true problems with the ship excluded. By the way, an occassional lukewarm cup of coffee does not qualify as ship problems.
Old March 7th, 2001, 11:21 AM
BillG

While I agree that there are some posters who will blow the most minor problems out of proportion, there have been posts which have pointed out legitimate shortcomings of their cruises. It is important to distinguish between facts and opinions. Another important thing is to distinguish between major complaints and problems and minor inconveniences or situations that shouldn't concern the average person, even if they experienced them on their cruise. My usual reaction is to consider whether or not the situation complained about would seriously effect my overall enjoyment of my cruise. If it would, I would consider how likely it was that the problem would occur on my cruise. Unless it was highly likely, I would pretty much dismiss it. If it was likely, I would consider how best to deal with it and act accordingly.
Old March 7th, 2001, 03:01 PM
Carole Dunham

Ah, but you were still on the Mercury which is a GREAT ship.

Carole
Old March 7th, 2001, 03:57 PM
slavearlen

David, certainly these are two very bad situations however, these are not the types of situations we are discussing here. It is unfortunate you were caught up in the Big Red Boat fiasco. As for the Mercury, when did you sail and to where?
Old March 7th, 2001, 03:59 PM
slavearlen

BillG, I agree. Good response. We are discussing the minor issues. Certainly, majoy issues like BillG's is worth being upset over.
Old March 7th, 2001, 04:46 PM
Allison

I totally agree with Mia, I guess if you get a couple of thousand people together, you will find a fair number of those kind of people, they are happiest when thier miserable,and seem to relish in ruining the mood for everyone else. I guess they are to be pitied, I try to stay away from them, but they don't stop me from having the time of my life!
Old March 7th, 2001, 06:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Our first cruise was in the Mediterranean on the Rembrandt (Premier!). I started complaining as we boarded because of the odor on the ship. Then, as we unpacked in the dark, small inside cabin, I complained the whole time. And the air conditioning wasn't working, etc.

Finally, with everthing put away, suffering from serious jet lag, the ship pulling out of the harbor in Barcelona, headed for France, my husband grabbed me by the arm and literally had to drag me to one of the upper decks. As we stood by the railing, he pointed out over the side of the ship to the beautiful blue water and the beautiful sight of Barcelona disappearing behind us and said: LOOK AT ALL OF THIS! LOOK WHERE WE ARE! HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING??? We are really doing it - after 34 years of marriage - we finally are cruising!

and do you know what? I've NEVER, NEVER complained about anything on any of our cruises after that. Regardless of the situation, I catch myself before I open my mouth and think: We are really doing this. Something we never thought we'd ever be able to do in our life time. And I bless my wonder husband.

Pooh Bear
=^.^=
Old March 7th, 2001, 07:35 PM
slavearlen

What a wonderful story .... you are sooooo right. There are alot of people in this world you only dream of cruising under ANY conditions and the most of them may never get to do it for one reason or anyother. Life is so short and is filled with imperfections on a daily basis. You have to find the good and the beauty in all situations. I would hate to think that I lived my life complaining and always look for the negatives. I want to enjoy life everyday and be grateful that I was given the opportunities that I was. I love your story and it sounds like there were some issues with Premier (but now we all know why). Thanks for sharing and good luck with your cruising experiences in the future!
Old March 7th, 2001, 08:01 PM
David Starkey

This particular hurricane was Oct 7th two years ago on the Mercury, out of Port Everglades we were to sail the western carr., but had to do the eastern.
I also have had hurricanes on Carnival in Oct and years ago on the Italian Line in October........Maybe I just attract them.....I live in North Carolina..so we see a lot of tropical storms and hurricanes.
Old March 7th, 2001, 08:38 PM
slavearlen

Gosh, I am sooo sorry! We cruise during either April or October to avoid the kids and family reunions. April is tax time and October is Hurrican Season. Hurrican Jose chased us in the Southern Caribbean October '99. We thought at the time of booking that we were soooo smart and booked late in the month to avoid this kind of thing. Sometimes nature has it's own ideas. David, try another month next time, ok???
Happy Cruising!!!!
Old March 8th, 2001, 12:05 AM
travler

WOW! I think you struck a chord. Good for you. Couldn't agree more. At then end of this thread, AMEN.
Travler
Old March 8th, 2001, 04:38 AM
slavearlen

Default Thanks Everyone-Heres to a Heathly Attitude on Lif

Thanks everyone for your support. Don't take life tooooo seriously. Enjoy your cruises and be grateful you onboard.
Happy Cruising!
Old March 8th, 2001, 07:17 AM
OLDMAN

Default "Life is too important to be taken seriously&

Oscar Wilde