Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2001, 11:26 PM
First Mate

Default Prices drop again

Just checked the Celebrity web site, and the prices for our 2/2/02 sailing on Infinity have gone down again. Mostly the cat 1's and 2's. They have gone down $52 per. person. Have not checked any of the other dates around then, but I suspect some of them might have also gone down. You might want to check it out and contact you TA.
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2001, 01:42 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Prices drop again

We are booked on the Infinity on December 1 sailing. Since we booked very early (March), prices have dropped three times, by about $400 per person.
Old August 5th, 2001, 02:42 PM
hctjdc

Can't thank you enough. When we booked we got what I thought was a great fare. I had been checking along to look for reductions but then for awhile our cruise date was not listed. I suspected it was booked. Aftre your posting, I was prompted to check again and guess what-- the date was there & the cabins next to ours are there & the rate dropped $550...I expect our TA will be able to get an adjustment or we can cancel & re-book at the lower rate Thanbks again to you and this Board for providing the forum..
Old August 5th, 2001, 09:01 PM
Kendra

Okay, because I am new to cruising could someone please explain how this price dropping issue works? I am booked on the Infinity for 2/16 and how do I know if my cabin price is now lower? Is it up to me to contact my TA or will they automatically lower the price before full payment is due. I am booked thru vacationoutlet.com.
Old August 5th, 2001, 09:29 PM
harborman

You sould always have your agent check the prices before you make final payment to see if there have been any reductions. If you've over paid you will be issued a credit.
Doesn't hurt to check the prices yourself on the web or by calling the cruise line.
Old August 6th, 2001, 12:36 AM
First Mate

Here is the way I have always done it. When I book a cruise I always go to the Celebrity web page and see what the price is for the cabin I am booking. Even though the price our TA is charging is always lower, it will still give me a base price. I then check the web page once a week to see what the prices are doing. If they have gone down I call my TA and he will ask for an adjustment. Don't rely on your TA to watch the prices for you. You might have a great TA, and I do, but I don't think any TA can be expected to watch all their bookings all the time. That is just too much to expect. Don't wait until time of final payment to check. By that time the prices very well could have gone down and then back up. Also don't expect this to work on every cruise you take. Sometimes bookings for a cruise date will be strong all the way to sailing or the ship might even sell out. No reason for the cruise line to lower rates in that case. The sailings in the Caribbean for the first quarter of 2002 seem to be very weak right now. We booked this cruise in May, and the prices have gone down twice so far. Also, try and take care of your TA. Remember, when they go to work to help you get a price adjustment, in most cases they are also losing some commission. Give their name to others who might be considering a cruise, or try to put a group together. Try and help them and they will try to help you.
Old August 6th, 2001, 02:18 PM
hct

While I am grateful for learning about the lower price & my TA is calling on it today, this is really kind of a pain to have to monitor the prices like this. (also wonder if we will now get any consideration based on our captains club, which was included in the original price quote). Same thing happened to a recent air fare we booked & also got a credit. It was easier buying/leasing a car! Anyhow, a $500 difference is nothing to sneeze at & I am very grateful!
Old August 7th, 2001, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Kendra, I too am booked with Vacation Outlet at a local shop. Their volume does not allow them to be on top of every booking and sale so you should do some research on your own as stated above. Contact your TA with any details you may find, so they can do further research for you. Now your sailing, 2/16 is School vacation week in the New England area so a prime time for families to cruise. They may even be sold out in categories so don't be disappointed if you don't find a further discount. Also, if you are sailing with a family and require a cabin with more than 2 births, then this category cabin could also be at a premium and not available. There are many factors to consider on each cruise. Have a wonderful vacation.
Bon Voyage