Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 23rd, 2005, 11:57 AM
hcat

Default Re: Celebrity vs RCI

Summit is a great ship--we sailed on her for Ult Carib Carib & had a very enjoyable time. We are booked again for March 06 to Hawaii--Gail is that what you meant in o your post --06--? I f so when are you cruising. Not happy with cirque conversion of the nightclub but other than that we are looking forward to it very much---
Old August 23rd, 2005, 12:32 PM
GailM

Default Re: Re: Celebrity vs RCI

Priscilla: I am fairly new to cruising as I have only been on three cruises. Two have been on Carnival (Victory & Pride). This past May, my husband and I took my parents to celebrate their 50th anniversary. We chose a 14-day West Coast/Alaska cruise on Celebrity. It was a spectacular experience. Celebrity did not disappoint. I now know why they get such high marks for service. It was top notch. It will be hard for me to cruise another line now! However, to be fair, I truly enjoyed my cruises on Carnival, but comparing Carnival to Celebrity is definitely like comparing apples to oranges. There is no comparison! Good luck with your decision and enjoy your cruise.
Old August 23rd, 2005, 08:00 PM
gail neace

Default Re: Re: Celebrity vs RCI

we are on summit march 12 06 bound for hawaii
Old August 24th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Tigger1

Hi. We will be sailing the VOS in Nov. 2005 to W. Carib out of Cape Liberty........what did you think of the VOS? How was the food, and especially the crew's service?

Ps my sister cruised last year with us on RCL's Splendour of the Seas, and she will join us on the VOS in Nov. She has cruised 2x on Celebrity and says she prefers Celebrity to RCL.....however, she's holding out hope that the VOS will change her mind.....
Old August 24th, 2005, 01:16 PM
hcat

Gail we are on the same cruise as you--are you registered for the party on the other board??? There is a huge thread from fellow cruismates....
Old August 26th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

My wife and I sailed Carnival, RCCL, Princess, HAL and Celebrity - first five cruises, five different lines. Our impressions were based on one ship only from each of the different lines. From our experiences, and we prefer under 2,000 passengers, we prefer HAL and Celebrity as our lines of choice.