CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/index.php)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   Celebrity Eclipse Cigar Area Question (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393739)

Rick December 19th, 2012 06:41 PM

Celebrity Eclipse Cigar Area Question
 
I am very familiar with the Mille Class Ships but not the newer ships...in this case the Eclipse. Is Cigar Smoking allowed on the stern of the Eclipse, at the Sunset Bar, as is allowed on Millie Class? I do enjoy a "good" Cigar on cruise after dinner :D. On the Connie last year, I noted that the only smoking areas were one side of pool deck, outside the Casino (open deck) and one side of the Sunset Bar. Other than the Sunset, I think the 2 other areas were cigarettes only.

Also, on the Eclipse, where do Elite members gather for comp drinks between 5-8pm almost every night...not sure if I am remembering times correctly.

Thank you in advance for any info you may have on this.

dkjretired December 19th, 2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick (Post 1459036)
I am very familiar with the Mille Class Ships but not the newer ships...in this case the Eclipse. Is Cigar Smoking allowed on the stern of the Eclipse, at the Sunset Bar, as is allowed on Millie Class? I do enjoy a "good" Cigar on cruise after dinner :D. On the Connie last year, I noted that the only smoking areas were one side of pool deck, outside the Casino (open deck) and one side of the Sunset Bar. Other than the Sunset, I think the 2 other areas were cigarettes only.

Also, on the Eclipse, where do Elite members gather for comp drinks between 5-8pm almost every night...not sure if I am remembering times correctly.

Thank you in advance for any info you may have on this.

You are correct, the only place you may have a cigar is at the Sunset bar.

The Elite function is held in Michaels as a default however due to numbers it may be switched to sky observation lounge. On a recent transatlantic cruise they had so many Elites that they did not have the function but gave out drink coupons instead.

The Elite function is from 5 to 7. You will not know where it is until you arrive in your stateroom.

Rick December 19th, 2012 07:50 PM

Thank you.

aerospace December 20th, 2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkjretired (Post 1459040)
On a recent transatlantic cruise they had so many Elites that they did not have the function but gave out drink coupons instead.

They did this on my crossing as well, it's an awesome idea. Should be on every cruise IMHO. You can go to any bar and get your free drinks just by handing them the coupon. You can even get more than 1 since your limited in coupons instead of having to order one at a time. 3 glasses of wine please, goes in fridge for later :)

Rick December 20th, 2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerospace (Post 1459106)
.......... You can even get more than 1 since your limited in coupons instead of having to order one at a time. 3 glasses of wine please, goes in fridge for later :)



Sorry, don't quite understand. How many coupons per elite member? Does 1 coupon = 1 drink? 1 coupon can = 3 glasses of wine? Do you have to use the coupon (s) between the 5pm-7pm time frame. Thanks!

aerospace December 20th, 2012 05:33 PM

Each person gets 3 coupons per day which equals 1 drink each. So 6 in the stateroom, if you drink a lot and wife/family/friends doesn't you can split however.

Rick December 20th, 2012 05:36 PM

Thanks! Sounds good.

dkjretired December 20th, 2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick (Post 1459135)
Thanks! Sounds good.

They only did that on a couple of cruises, the default is to have the 5 to 7 happy hour.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 PM.