Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old July 19th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2
Default celebrity reflection

Going on nov. 8th, any recomendations or advice, or anyone else going?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old July 28th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Queen of Oakville's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Posts: 1,232
Default

I'll wave at you as you're getting off! I'm sailing November 15.

This is my first X cruise, so I can't help out too much. Is this your first cruise?
__________________

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old July 28th, 2014, 04:24 PM
storybookcruises.com's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 1,763
Default

Haven't been on the Reflection, but we were on its sister ship, the Eclipse, and absolutely loved it! I think we found our perfect ship!! For us, it was everything we wanted in a cruise; great food, great service, and a beautiful ship. Out of our 47 cruises on 11 cruise lines, we'd rank it in the top 3!

Definitely try some of the specialty restaurants - we especially liked Qsine!

When you first get onboard, they'll offer some packages, like 3 specialty restaurants and 3 bottles of wine for a special price. Good deal, not great, but worth it.

Can't wait to go again - if this was the only ship we could sail on, it would be fine with us!

Pete
__________________
Travel Agent/Cruise Specialist w/13 yrs exp and 48 Cruises on 11 cruise lines! Favorites: Paul Gauguin - Tahiti: Uniworld River Cruises - Europe; Celebrity Solstice-class ships; Holland America - 12-nights Baltics & Russia; RCCL - 14-nights Greek Isles, Turkey, & Croatia; Holland America - 14-day Alaskan cruisetour; 10-night Canada/New England cruise; 21 days Hawaii w/7-night NCL cruise; Oceania - 25 days in Asia; more than 3 months touring Europe by train. And many all-inclusive resorts!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old August 25th, 2014, 06:18 AM
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1
Default

Good job.. I really like your site so much.. thanks for giving great information about this.. this site is very detailing, this detail is very helpful for us.. so cool work.. i really gland to visit on this site.. thanks for providing this.. excellent work.. i hope, you will get success in future.. thanks for sharing this site.. carry on..

Last edited by storybookcruises.com; August 25th, 2014 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Removed commercial link
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 11:30 AM
miataman19's Avatar
Junior Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Deland, Florida
Posts: 12
Default

Only been on The Reflection once, going again in January 2015. Have breakfast on The Porch (uncrowded and very relaxing) and have dinner at least once at Murano.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old September 19th, 2014, 09:46 AM
felix_the_cat's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 1,647
Default

Heading out on her for the third time on November 22. (This will be the first cruise sailing alone since my DH passed in January.) I did sail in March but an ex-friend sailed with me on that one. Not going to happen again.
__________________
Dec. 13 - Windstar sailing yacht. Wonderful!!


Just completed - Celebrity Reflection, Nov. 22 (learning to sail solo) followed by Independence of the Seas Nov. 30.





44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
Windstar
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old September 22nd, 2014, 12:48 PM
Queen of Oakville's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Posts: 1,232
Default

awwww felix, I would love to have met you

one day, i will drive out and meet you for coffee!
__________________

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old September 22nd, 2014, 07:47 PM
felix_the_cat's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 1,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Oakville View Post
awwww felix, I would love to have met you

one day, i will drive out and meet you for coffee!


I would love to meet you. I had the choice of the 15th or 22nd but had to take the 22nd cause I was already on the Indie for the next week. I have to grab the good single rates where I can - they are few and far in between since they charge 200%. I have a special for the Reflection so I just had to jump on it.


But I would love to meet you for coffee!!
__________________
Dec. 13 - Windstar sailing yacht. Wonderful!!


Just completed - Celebrity Reflection, Nov. 22 (learning to sail solo) followed by Independence of the Seas Nov. 30.





44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
Windstar
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old September 25th, 2014, 04:54 PM
momofmeg's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,334
Default

Felix I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I did not know he had passed.

BTW, I will miss you by one day I guess. I sail November 23rd on the Silhouette
__________________
Equal opportunity cruiser since 1998-4 Carnival, 4 RCI, 3 HAL, 3 Princess, 5 Celebrity, 3 NCL, 1 Disney


I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
146 days total
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old September 25th, 2014, 06:21 PM
felix_the_cat's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 1,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
Felix I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I did not know he had passed.

BTW, I will miss you by one day I guess. I sail November 23rd on the Silhouette


Thank you momofmeg. I'm still learning to deal with it. I/we just didn't expect it. Ten months from diagnosis till he passed away. Chemo did nothing for him at all.


That's too bad that we are going to miss by a day. We're getting closer and will meet one day I'm sure
__________________
Dec. 13 - Windstar sailing yacht. Wonderful!!


Just completed - Celebrity Reflection, Nov. 22 (learning to sail solo) followed by Independence of the Seas Nov. 30.





44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
Windstar
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old September 26th, 2014, 12:14 PM
momofmeg's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
Thank you momofmeg. I'm still learning to deal with it. I/we just didn't expect it. Ten months from diagnosis till he passed away. Chemo did nothing for him at all.


That's too bad that we are going to miss by a day. We're getting closer and will meet one day I'm sure
I guess I missed his cancer diagnosis too. I just remember his heart problems. Not that it would be easier if it had been his heart. My mom passed that way, she never woke up form by pass surgery.

I am in the beginning of heart disease. At this point, angioplasty is more dangerous than beneficial my heart doc says; since my risk is still low. We only caught it early because I have diabetes and I have a yearly stress test.

I am 60 now, my brother had a stint put in at 58. I guess it is just in the genes with all of us having diabetes.
__________________
Equal opportunity cruiser since 1998-4 Carnival, 4 RCI, 3 HAL, 3 Princess, 5 Celebrity, 3 NCL, 1 Disney


I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
146 days total
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old September 26th, 2014, 07:37 PM
felix_the_cat's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 1,647
Default

The cancer was so quick. We were not in the least expecting it although I think he may have had an inkling something was wrong that he didn't share with me because he chose to go to the doctor, something he had never done before. They did surgery but the doctor told us the tumor had grown so much from the time he found it till surgery (just a couple of weeks) that I don't think my DH expected too much. he tried though. He fought it every step of the week but once he knew what was going to happen, he took it extremely well. Made all his plans, made sure he saw and spoke to everyone he wanted to. I don't know if I could have done that.


His mother died of cancer 2 weeks after her 65th birthday, David died 1 week after his 65th. His father died of heart and David had a heart attack 4.5 years before. His sister has been very lucky - she hasn't had any of it. My David got it all.


Sorry for going on. It seems once in awhile I get very verbose.


Since you at least know you have heart issues you know to stay on top of it and that's a great deal of what will help you.
__________________
Dec. 13 - Windstar sailing yacht. Wonderful!!


Just completed - Celebrity Reflection, Nov. 22 (learning to sail solo) followed by Independence of the Seas Nov. 30.





44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
Windstar
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old September 27th, 2014, 05:38 PM
momofmeg's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,334
Default

Yep Felix, my mom passed at 71 and my dad at 63 about 3 weeks before his 64th. He had had cancer at 59 and it had returned. He also had Alzheimers so he did not know and my mom only knew less than 2 weeks. Very fast for him. I guess with their history it does not bode well that I will be around much longer.
__________________
Equal opportunity cruiser since 1998-4 Carnival, 4 RCI, 3 HAL, 3 Princess, 5 Celebrity, 3 NCL, 1 Disney


I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
146 days total
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old December 3rd, 2014, 11:27 AM
momofmeg's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
The cancer was so quick. We were not in the least expecting it although I think he may have had an inkling something was wrong that he didn't share with me because he chose to go to the doctor, something he had never done before. They did surgery but the doctor told us the tumor had grown so much from the time he found it till surgery (just a couple of weeks) that I don't think my DH expected too much. he tried though. He fought it every step of the week but once he knew what was going to happen, he took it extremely well. Made all his plans, made sure he saw and spoke to everyone he wanted to. I don't know if I could have done that.


His mother died of cancer 2 weeks after her 65th birthday, David died 1 week after his 65th. His father died of heart and David had a heart attack 4.5 years before. His sister has been very lucky - she hasn't had any of it. My David got it all.


Sorry for going on. It seems once in awhile I get very verbose.


Since you at least know you have heart issues you know to stay on top of it and that's a great deal of what will help you.
So did you get to all your ports? We missed San Juan.
__________________
Equal opportunity cruiser since 1998-4 Carnival, 4 RCI, 3 HAL, 3 Princess, 5 Celebrity, 3 NCL, 1 Disney


I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
146 days total
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old December 7th, 2014, 06:33 PM
felix_the_cat's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 1,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
So did you get to all your ports? We missed San Juan.




We didn't get to San Juan until 6:30 so I didn't bother getting off. I did hear people saying there were a lot of cops of the main street.


St. Thomas was, as usual, OK. St. Marteen was normal.


There was a smoker on the next balcony to me so I made a complaint. And that was in Aqua.


I liked Blu but wouldn't sail Aqua again alone. It's set up in tables of 2's so you really don't get to chat with any anyone. There were about 3 large tables but they were for groups travelling together. I was also disappointed in that there were number of children in Blu and I thought it was suppose to be adults only.
__________________
Dec. 13 - Windstar sailing yacht. Wonderful!!


Just completed - Celebrity Reflection, Nov. 22 (learning to sail solo) followed by Independence of the Seas Nov. 30.





44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
Windstar
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old December 22nd, 2014, 12:57 PM
momofmeg's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
We didn't get to San Juan until 6:30 so I didn't bother getting off. I did hear people saying there were a lot of cops of the main street.


St. Thomas was, as usual, OK. St. Marteen was normal.


There was a smoker on the next balcony to me so I made a complaint. And that was in Aqua.


I liked Blu but wouldn't sail Aqua again alone. It's set up in tables of 2's so you really don't get to chat with any anyone. There were about 3 large tables but they were for groups travelling together. I was also disappointed in that there were number of children in Blu and I thought it was suppose to be adults only.
Maybe that was because it was Thanksgiving week? I know Blu rooms are for 2 people to a stateroom so we did not try for that as our daughter was with us in our cabin. it was too expensive for her to pay double rates. perhaps we expect no children, as it is 2 people to a cabin for that category, but perhaps some parents bought separate cabins for their kids? or else they were in suites and asked to dine in Blu?

We were in the main dining room and the food was very mediocre. It was not the good Celebrity food of the past, it was more like NCL and RCI quality food.

We learned you could get a specialty package unlimited for $210 a person, I guess they expect people to go to that now.

If we ever go again, we will factor that cost in, just as we do with NCL. I must say this though at least on NCL you are not packed in like sardines in the main dining room. We ate at the buffet the last night we were so sick of it. We had prepaid tips so we were not bothered by that being a reason to go.
__________________
Equal opportunity cruiser since 1998-4 Carnival, 4 RCI, 3 HAL, 3 Princess, 5 Celebrity, 3 NCL, 1 Disney


I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
146 days total
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old December 22nd, 2014, 05:56 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
I liked Blu but wouldn't sail Aqua again alone. It's set up in tables of 2's so you really don't get to chat with any anyone. There were about 3 large tables but they were for groups travelling together. I was also disappointed in that there were number of children in Blu and I thought it was suppose to be adults only.

Blu has never been no children, they are allowed to stay in AQ cabins and may also eat in Blu if they are staying in a suite.


Don
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old December 22nd, 2014, 09:02 PM
felix_the_cat's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 1,647
Default

I'm sure the fact it was Thanksgiving was a large factor in the number of children.


I don't mean to sound like I didn't enjoy it. I did, I just don't think Aqua works for a single. I will go back to balconies. But I really didn't expect the kids in Bleu. I hope that will change when the suites get their own dining room.


Sorry your didn't enjoy momofmeg.


Last week I cruises on Wind Star and loved it. Very different than mass-market lines and certainly not for everyone, but I was blown away.


Now I'm home with a wicked cold and glad to just stay here for the time being.
__________________
Dec. 13 - Windstar sailing yacht. Wonderful!!


Just completed - Celebrity Reflection, Nov. 22 (learning to sail solo) followed by Independence of the Seas Nov. 30.





44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
Windstar
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old December 24th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
I'm sure the fact it was Thanksgiving was a large factor in the number of children.


I don't mean to sound like I didn't enjoy it. I did, I just don't think Aqua works for a single. I will go back to balconies. But I really didn't expect the kids in Bleu. I hope that will change when the suites get their own dining room.


Sorry your didn't enjoy momofmeg.


Last week I cruises on Wind Star and loved it. Very different than mass-market lines and certainly not for everyone, but I was blown away.


Now I'm home with a wicked cold and glad to just stay here for the time being.

I have spoken to many people who agree with you that AQ does not work well for many singles.


Also, I may not have been clear in my earlier post. Children have always been allowed to be booked into AQ cabins and because of this may eat in Blu at any age. This has been in effect since AQ and Blu were introduced on the Solstice several years ago. Children staying in suites may eat in Blu with their parents.


Celebrity has for now issued comments on their web site that those staying in suites may still eat in Blu on a space available basis even after the suite restaurant is implemented.


Do not expect changes in children eating in Blu in the near future.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old January 11th, 2015, 11:11 AM
momofmeg's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,334
Default

You know I was so disappointed that "the Celebrity experience" was more like "the NCL experience" I am not sure if I will be back on Celebrity any time soon. that 123 thingie ruined Celebrity for me-in order to give you those so called "freebies" they have cut the quality of everything else.


Now I am not saying I will never cruise Celebrity for a unique itinerary or super deal I would, but if all things are equal well I may as well go with NCL now.
__________________
Equal opportunity cruiser since 1998-4 Carnival, 4 RCI, 3 HAL, 3 Princess, 5 Celebrity, 3 NCL, 1 Disney


I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
146 days total
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old January 11th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
You know I was so disappointed that "the Celebrity experience" was more like "the NCL experience" I am not sure if I will be back on Celebrity any time soon. that 123 thingie ruined Celebrity for me-in order to give you those so called "freebies" they have cut the quality of everything else.


Now I am not saying I will never cruise Celebrity for a unique itinerary or super deal I would, but if all things are equal well I may as well go with NCL now.


They were cutting the quality prior to the 123, it really corresponded to the Past President's appointment, he made a lot of change. He is gone now so we will see what happens. As with many things, the 123 is really a joke since when they implement it they just raise the prices accordingly.
I don't know if you have ever sailed NCL but I have and although NCL has some advantages, I found no comparison. Celebrity much better.
Don
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old January 21st, 2015, 10:22 AM
momofmeg's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
They were cutting the quality prior to the 123, it really corresponded to the Past President's appointment, he made a lot of change. He is gone now so we will see what happens. As with many things, the 123 is really a joke since when they implement it they just raise the prices accordingly.
I don't know if you have ever sailed NCL but I have and although NCL has some advantages, I found no comparison. Celebrity much better.
Don
Yes Don, although I disliked the Sun and Sky that were not set up for freestyle. The buffet restaurant was too congested even if all I wanted was a coffee, space was taken from it to make pay extra restaurants and although seating was used there for breakfast and lunch there, the buffet line was only on the other side, which was why it was congested. However, I really enjoyed the Pearl, one of their ships that came out after they introduced freestyle, and was set up for the extra restaurants. We were on the Pearl Thanksgiving week, and she was a full ship just like the Silhouette was,but in the no extra cost dining room, people were not on top of each other as we were on Celebrity Silhouette. It was also that way in the dining room on the Solstice when we did our Med cruise in June 2012. At least then the food was still very good. This last cruise, I got to the point I felt the buffet had just as decent food as at dinner lol! The buffet was much more peaceful at dinner too!

Right now I feel the only thing Celebrity has going over NCL is the balconies are smoke free. If NCL implements that policy they will be even, as far as I am concerned.
__________________
Equal opportunity cruiser since 1998-4 Carnival, 4 RCI, 3 HAL, 3 Princess, 5 Celebrity, 3 NCL, 1 Disney


I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
146 days total
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old January 22nd, 2015, 06:40 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
Yes Don, although I disliked the Sun and Sky that were not set up for freestyle. The buffet restaurant was too congested even if all I wanted was a coffee, space was taken from it to make pay extra restaurants and although seating was used there for breakfast and lunch there, the buffet line was only on the other side, which was why it was congested. However, I really enjoyed the Pearl, one of their ships that came out after they introduced freestyle, and was set up for the extra restaurants. We were on the Pearl Thanksgiving week, and she was a full ship just like the Silhouette was,but in the no extra cost dining room, people were not on top of each other as we were on Celebrity Silhouette. It was also that way in the dining room on the Solstice when we did our Med cruise in June 2012. At least then the food was still very good. This last cruise, I got to the point I felt the buffet had just as decent food as at dinner lol! The buffet was much more peaceful at dinner too!

Right now I feel the only thing Celebrity has going over NCL is the balconies are smoke free. If NCL implements that policy they will be even, as far as I am concerned.

Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed all my cruises, even those on NCL, I usually eat in the dining rooms on Celebrity but ate in the buffet almost every night on NCL. I'm easy and don't complain but the food in the dining rooms just was not worth it.


If you ever have the chance on Celebrity try Aqua Class with Blu as your restaurant. The tables are somewhat close and no large tables but the food was really good, you could tell it was much more made to order.


Off to Bermuda in two months and off to Florida today for three and a half weeks, getting out of the cold of Pa.


Don
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old January 23rd, 2015, 04:02 PM
momofmeg's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed all my cruises, even those on NCL, I usually eat in the dining rooms on Celebrity but ate in the buffet almost every night on NCL. I'm easy and don't complain but the food in the dining rooms just was not worth it.


If you ever have the chance on Celebrity try Aqua Class with Blu as your restaurant. The tables are somewhat close and no large tables but the food was really good, you could tell it was much more made to order.


Off to Bermuda in two months and off to Florida today for three and a half weeks, getting out of the cold of Pa.


Don
Don, you are not getting me,the Celebrity main ding room food on the Silhouette 2 months ago was the same quality as NCL main dining room food on my NCL last cruise. I feel if I do another Celebrity cruise I will budget for pay extra restaurants the way I do with NCL. That is all.

To be honest I am in no hurry to do another cruise. It seems cruise ambiance is gone now for me. Yes, I have thought of trying aqua, but if our daughter goes with us (as she did this last cruise)she can't afford the double rate so she rooms with us and there are no 3 person aqua rooms. Besides, if they are crammed in there with tables even closer than the main dining room (which had us packed in like sardines) as you say I would hate it anyway no matter how good the food was.

I think we will do a nice land trip this year instead of a cruise. My husband really wants to go to Ecuador. We found one tour with great pricing, with airfare is was about the price of a cruise in Aqua. it was just this tour had things like ziplining, rafting, and canoeing but since we are older now, we do not think that would work so well for us lol! Things more moderate like train ride through the jungle would be better for us. Yes the food probably won't be great (and we will pay extra for it)but heck it isn't on cruises anymore either. (unless we pay extra for it)
__________________
Equal opportunity cruiser since 1998-4 Carnival, 4 RCI, 3 HAL, 3 Princess, 5 Celebrity, 3 NCL, 1 Disney


I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
146 days total
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Celebrity Reflection billt Celebrity 9 April 1st, 2014 09:21 AM
Celebrity Reflection - Jan. 122-19/13 felix_the_cat Celebrity 3 February 2nd, 2013 09:52 AM
Celebrity reflection Paul Motter Celebrity 3 December 6th, 2012 02:20 PM
Celebrity Reflection PetranPireotis Celebrity 4 November 24th, 2012 03:59 AM
What do you think of the name Celebrity Reflection? Kuki Celebrity 18 December 11th, 2010 08:54 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:22 PM.
design by: Themes by Design



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1