Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2003, 01:40 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks
Default Rise and shine!

Did you remember to set your clocks back?

Dh set all of the clocks back last night and I didn´t realise it. I woke up, saw it was 6:10 and almost screamed thinking it was 5:10! I was ready to spit nails! It was when I turned my puter on that I finally realised what had happened.

I don´t know about the rest of you but that one lousy hour really screws me up for a few days. It´s like mild jet lag.

Dh slept on the sofa and took over night duty with Goofy so that I could get a full night´s sleep. I didn´t hear a thing but that could be because I slipped into a coma. Hopefully it was a quiet night.

Kuki, I hope that the plumbing situation in your hotel has cleared up. Sounds like a real disaster. You are right - when it rains, it pours.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

karen
Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2003, 01:46 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Rise and shine!

Rise and shine? I haven't been to bed yet! lol

Good morning Karen! I did a really stupid thing before I left for work this afternoon - I changed the clocks in the kitchen....but I moved them forward an hour! When I got to work I realized what did and had to set them back two hours when I got home! lol Talk about being distracted! Guess I got the cruise on my brain!

Finished my last shift at work before leaving Monday morning for FLL - I cannot believe it is here. Today will be the final check of the luggage and carryon, repack the purse, check the docs, check in for my flight on line, and really just relax!

Karen - I hope Goofy is doing better today. It is amazing the love and devotion we have to our animal companions. Gusto sends his best wishes to Goofy.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Old October 26th, 2003, 05:53 AM
Yeoman

I'm up but not shining,
To all of you Yankee fans, NANABOOBOO as the kids say. Karen, get your rest, hang in there Goofy, we are praying for you. Lisa, that's called cruise brain, that's all. Can't blame it on anything else. It's a great Sunday am here in St Pete. Awesome breeze and slightly cooler temps. Sun isn't up yet but it still looks good. Have to teach Sunday school today to the 2-4 year olds. They are so cute at that age. Kicked into the fall housecleaning mode. got the family room done. That's the worst room! Finally able to open windows. Have a good day
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old October 26th, 2003, 06:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning

I'm up bright and early here with the time change. I actually woke up earlier than usual. Hope that happens tomorrow morning when I have to leave at 5AM to get Jake to the airport.

Lisa, I'm really envious of you all going on that cruise tomorrow. Wish I could be there too. Have a great time and bring back lots of good stories.

Karen, hope Goofy is feeling a little better.

Anne, have fun with those kids this morning. I love those little ones. I take it from your comment that the Marlins won the World Series. Good for them. It's nice to have the underdog win.

Take care and God bless you all.

Phyll

Old October 26th, 2003, 07:09 AM
Admiral

Happy Sunday Karen, Lisa, Anne, Phyll and CruiseMates everywhere...

The chain of female posters is now broken!<S> Karen, I didn't know that the Germans go to daylight-saving time like in the States. Live & learn. We hope that your Goofy hangs in there, yet doesn't suffer too much.

Lisa, don't feel bad about your boo-boo with the clocks. I'm sure you're not alone. Two of our clocks require that in order to turn them back an hour, we actually have to turn them ahead 6 days and 23 hours! Like they say, there's just no turning back.<BG>

I hope you all have a good day, especially you poor Yankee fans whose mourning period has just begun. Like the Red Sox fans always say, "Wait till next year".

Jack

Norwegian Dream
Baltic Sea, Aug.'04

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old October 26th, 2003, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Rise and shine!

Good morning from swfl...a beautiful day it is indeed. Just turned the A/C off and the windows are open. The ehat is finally down a bit in the morning and at night.

Finally my mind is settled and my b/p is normal again..well it was normal before just a bit higher but not even too high...

Phyll I hope you can get up tomorrow morning, the clock thing gets me all goofed up too.

Karen hang in there with your dog.....

Old October 26th, 2003, 08:31 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Sunday Morning All,
An extra hour to sleep, so I am up an hour earlier. It always takes me a few days to readjust the old body clock. Good day for us Floridians, Our Marlins have done it. It was so good to see the underdog win and watching them celebrate. It was truly heart warming. Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Jeanne (&Ellis)

Summit 3/15/04

Old October 26th, 2003, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from the Arizona that is finally the reason all the snowbirds come here to pass the winter. Last night it cooled off delightfully, and José and I slept with the windows open. What a treat! This is the first time we've had a window open since about the first week of April!

Karen, I hope Goofy is doing better. What integral parts of our familes these fur babies of ours become!

Lisa and the rest of the Panamaniacs, have a WONDERFUL cruise!

We here in Arizona do not do daylight savings time, so we have no clocks to mess with, either in the spring or fall. However, the clock radio next to the bed is one of those atomic clocks that is auatomatically regulated, and it changed in the middle of the night as if we were on daylight savings! So I woke up this morning and the clock said 5:00. I took Oscar the Shih Tzu outside, and I thought to myself, "Hmmm... it sure is light outside for 5:00 a.m.!" Then I passed by another clock in the living room and realized what had happened! !

Have a beautiful Sunday, Cruise Mates.

Old October 26th, 2003, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Good (late) morning all from Montreal, where my body must've thought it needed 2 extra hours of sleep because it didn't wake up until 11am (old time)! My goo ness, what a lazy day. Just as well because it it absolutely miserable out, cold, wet, and possibility of flurries, and no improvement for the next 4 days! No plans for today except probably housecleaning...gee, how boring.....I wish I was leaving on a cruise like Lisa!

donna

Old October 26th, 2003, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! AMAZINGLY temps in the mid 70s are forecast for Calgary today. Quite a trick for so late in October.

Finally got the plumbing problems fixed and the clean up done at around 5 PM yesterday. Good thing because, along with a talent agency we're hosting a showcase of about a dozen bands in our bar tonight, and are expecting a full house. Wouldn't be good if the toilets weren't operational <G>

Old October 26th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good Morning all !

Sunny but cool in Kansas.

Go Chiefs tonight ! And horray for the Marlins ! !
Old October 26th, 2003, 11:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning one and all
Record breaking temps out here in sunny CA-- hit 90 yesterday breaking the record set in 1963---- not complaining -- it just our Indian summer final days--
Have a good time Panamaniacis-- even though some of us cant go--boo hoo--
Off to work I go-- the extra hour is great but my little dog still knows what time his morning walk should be--- his time --lol He didnt believe me when I told him 5:30 was too early this morning--- yes he got his way-- couldnt stall him any longer--
Cheers
April
Jasper sends his best to Goofy