Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Josie

Default Help! RC Adventure or Princess Golden? Which is best?

We are planning a southern caribbean cruise in March 06'. Which cruise do you think would be the best the Royal Caribbean or Princess? I've read good and bad things about both. We went on a caribbean cruise last year on RC Serenade and it was great.
Thanks for your help!
Josie
Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Help! RC Adventure or Princess Golden? Which is best?

Just my opinion, the Adventure of the Seas. Lots more to do onboard. I confess that I have yet to sail on Princess and want to very much personally but from all reports, the Adventure has much more to offer. Without knowing you and your likes and dislikes etc it is really hard to say anything but what I think I would enjoy more.
Jim

Old April 13th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Admiral

so hard to say without knowing what you are looking for your -wants and don't wants. Both of these ships are huge ships with lots going on.
We sailed on the Golden last year and loved her! Beautiiful ship, understated elegant decor, nothing flashy or glitzy. Loved the fact that the pools were fresh water (not salt) and they were open 24/7, same for the hot tubs.Lotus Spa is wonderful. Great service, really good food. Lots to do on board. Lots of sports, and classes to take. Good entertainment - good shows in the main Princess Theatre - always a band at Explorer's Lounge - this is where all the nightime fun and games take place. Skywalker's Disco is great fun, and the view! WOW,-love the small intimate Windjammer lounge for a quiet drink with a band for easy-listening and dancing. The Golden has a video arcade for the kids and lots of video games in the teen center. The Pizza by the pool is very good as are the hot dogs and hamburgers, Reggae band plays during lunch hours. The deck party was a blast, as was the Midnight Champagne Waterfall. Very family friendly ship
Old April 13th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I have to agree with Lisa K - hard to know what your likes are, but I too would take the Golden over the Adventure. I don't need inline skating, rock climbing walls, ice rinks, Promenades or Johnny Rockets to make a cruise. The Golden will be slightly smaller than the Adventure - easier to navigate around. I've been on both and enjoyed both lines immensely, but do prefer Princess over RCCL.

Old April 13th, 2005, 06:54 PM
SarahJ

I also prefer the Golden. Princess is a tad bit classier.

I feel like I am in a shopping mall on RCCL's Voyager class ships and that is not what I want to feel like on a cruise.
Old April 14th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Admiral

The Golden is great, for all the reasons listed above, plus the option of Personal Choice Dining. Bottom line,,,,you really won't go wrong with either...Take the best price.
Happy sailing,
Ken