Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2006, 04:12 AM
Captain

Default good walking shoes

Hi,
I would suggest investing in a good pair of walking shoes for travel and a pair that is broken in. My boss bought two expensive pairs of walking shoes and she can not wear them. I know Italians do not wear sneakers and socks but I am going to buy myself a pair of scarpi di gymnastica-well something like that -which is sneakers.
I have to wear socks with my sandals because my feet are swollen and blistery. Yes, gross!!!!
Any ideas on a good pair of walking sandals? I am clueless when I look in the shops here. Do any of you know a good and comfortable Italian brand?
Thanks,
Karen
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Default Good Walking Shoes

I have to get new walking shoes, too. I have foot problems, partly because of bunions, partly because of diabetes. My shoe "savior" is New Balance. Don't know what I'd do with out 'em. We have a free standing New Balance store in Santa Monica (about an 1-1/2 hr. away), but worth the trip. Hope that suggestion helps.

Judy
Old July 13th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Admiral

i don't know of any Italian brand walking sandal or shoe. I have had very good luck with the Propet brand for walking shoes. Easy Spirit also makes a very good walking shoe.
As for a walking sandal you would probably be best with a pair of Teva or something along those lines. (mine are LL Bean)
Old July 14th, 2006, 12:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique

Try Merrel sandals - not cheap but very comfortable.
Old July 14th, 2006, 01:41 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I have had good luck with Wolky Sandals....from the Netherlands....VERY expensive but well worth the money for me!
Old July 14th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

Josef Seibel are great! They are pricy though. They have nice walking sandals and have become more stylish. There is a store here in Houston called BRucettes and last Saturday they had sandals at 50% ! Needless to say....

Sometimes Nordstrom's has great shoe sales so you may want to check out their website and Zappos.com When I was in Great Britian mosst of the time I wore a pair of Cole Haan Mules with the Nike heel. They were very comfortable. They also sneakerz that is quite fashionable.
11/10/05
Explorer of the Seas 9/19/2004
Rhapsody 9/2003
Old July 14th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Well, believe it or not, I got my most comfortable pair of walking sandals at WAL MART!! They are the Earth Shoe brand, nice leather and laced uppers, a wonderfully cushy foot, and soles that look like the treads on truck tires.
Not pretty, but very comfortable. I wore them when I broke my toe and needed support, but open-ness at the same time!

donna
Old July 14th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Captain

I went to an Amercanized looking sneaker place and bought the first pair of walking sneakers I could find. My feet are in heaven. Three pairs of socks were 13 euro's but I wanted to put them on right away and get the horrible sandals into the box. The pain is gone already. I was really starting to think I would need a doctor and it was infected.

Karen
Old July 14th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Admiral

Glad you found something. I was going to suggest the Merrel sandals too.

Phyll
Old July 14th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Captain

I have the Earth Shoe sandals, too, Donna and they are great. Very clunky looking but comfortable.

I got mine at a Goodwill Store, they still had the WalMart tag on them, apparently someone didn't like them after they got them home!