Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old October 20th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Captain

Default Monday, Here we go again

Good Morning All CM's Everywhere

Yes friends it is Monday and we do get to start the week all over again.

This has been along weekend. I spent Saturday in Montgomery (1 and 1/2 hours from us) at drill for the State Guard and all day yesterday was spent at church. It was Time & Talent Day, Parish Council meeting and ended the day with our monthly "Generations of Faith" course.

Well we finally are at the 120 days point, so I got up a little early to be the one of the first to get my excursion and low and behold they did now show up on the excursions page. So I have to call today/

Well you all have a great Alabama Day!

Irish 8)

I-rish you a very nice place to live,
I-rish God's greatest gifts he'll give.
I-rish you health, and wealth, and more--
I-rish your smilin' face were at my door!
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old October 20th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Morning Irish, and all to follow...
It's an overcast cool 5C in Montreal this morning - that will take some getting used to again after temps in the 30'sC in Mexico!

It's back to work and back to reality for me today. I have been there so little this school year, I feel really out of it! I go back 2 days, then take another day off for James' surgery on Wednesday! They are not going to love me!

I spent most of yesterday loading photos; some are in the Photo Gallery in order to get my review started....maybe tonight....The rest I sent to Wal-Mart so I can pick up prints sometime today. I promised myself I would get started on a scrapbook right away!

donna
Old October 20th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning all CM's

It was a long and exciting night.
The Tampa Bay Rays won!! Now to beat Philly
AND...
Tampa Bay bucs won !!
GO RAYS
Old October 20th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Anyone seen my long johns? Baby it's cold outside! Today is day 3 for me with constant hand pain... Motrin is my friend! Looks like my symptoms fit, carpal tunnel So, my amazing typing, aka triponese, may get even worse! YIKES!!

We had Aiden's party yesterday...the little man turned 5, and our gidft got the only little dance, and a yay...The only thing I hope, is that, he does not bring the voice altering star trek full helmet, with him on Friday, when I watch him!

Sooooo, that's my tale of woe.......Judy, you are in my mind and heart..

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 20th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning CMs, It sprinkles and dreary out, so will try to get some things done inside and start preping my cruise clothes list.

Trip, after my husband suffered for years with Carpel tunnel he had both wrists done, it was one of the best surgeries he ever had and is finally pain free. think about doing it. Good luck.

RDonna, that cruise went too fast, I hope mine doesn't. By the end of the week you should be back to normal". Prayers for James surgery.

Wishing everyone a good day.
Old October 20th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all from a very chilly Philadelphia home of the soon to be World Champion Phillies (sorry Sea Trekker) .

Marj's great aunt passed away yesterday at the age of 94. In many ways she served the role of mother to Marj during her divorce and before Marj had the questionable luck of getting involved with me as Marj's mother passed away prior to the divorce. Marj is in a bit of turmoil as we have no idea where the will is located, who is executor or who is the beneficiary. The apartment must be cleaned out by the end of the month so it can be rented to another senior.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Bathseba, Barbados

Crown Princess March 2017
Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old October 20th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........Trip.....it sure is cold out.......

Trip......thinking of you & your hands........hope they feel better or you can fix them.........voice altering huh???? That would keep ya on your toes........

Monday........so it's laundry.............

Judy.........you & Keith are in our thoughts & prayers.......

Y'all have a good day.............

Sharon
Old October 20th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates!I feel as though I woke up in a bit of a fog this morning. I just don't quite feel like myself. I could really go back to bed, but that is not an option. Maybe it is this fine fall weather bringing out all of our aches and pains... My shoulders are killing me.

The kids are up and cute as can be. The mail should be here soon. I got a few more plans finalized yesterday for our Europe trip. It is almost done. I have kept a list on m computer of different things I need to do before we leave and it's a good thing I did, or I would have forgotten a lot.

D/H is back up in Northern Indiana teaching again this week. I think we'll pop up there for a couple of days, this week or next when I get the fiver picked up. He gets a little homesick once in a while, and we miss him too.

Well I can't sit here all day, I had better get up and get moving. I hope you all have a good Monday.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 20th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Default Monday, Here We Go Again

Good morning from a very foggy Southern California. It's not shorts day any more! Brrr!

Trip, have you seen the doctor about your wrists yet? Hope you do.

It's gym day. While Keith exercises, I will go to the hospital, pre-register and have some blood work done. Amazingly, this surgery is done on an outpatient basis, so spending the night is not an option. But my surgeon's nurse put in the request to the provider, and today or tomorrow, I should get the answer.

We had a wonderful brunch yesterday at the Hyatt Regency in Newport Beach. We have stayed there several times. What's so surprising is that the food is lousy, except for brunch. At brunch the food is wonderful: everything! I don't get it!

Have a nice day, people, and thank you, thank you, everyone for participating in "pink day."

Judy
Old October 20th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

It is after 10"30 and the temps have only risen to 33! Yuck, no sun and a slight breeze.

Yesterday after the sun came out it was a lovely day. In the afternoon dh and I drove around a bit for him to show me some of the cute animals he has encontered lately while putting peoples power back on.

We stopped at two goat farms to view the cute goats, saw some big turkeys that I assume will soon be making a "grand appearance" on Thanksgiving Day platters. Then we saw a farmer crossing his cattle across the road - keep in mind this is a main road, not a dirt or side road. Here in this neck of the woods this is still how they get the cows from fields to barn, twice a day. I am sure you learn each farmer's local schedule and plan accordingly (and this is maybe 15 minutes from my house - so I am pretty countrified). Then it was off to see baby wolly bullies. There is a very wealthy man who has decided that his hobby will to be to raise 2000 head of Scottish Highland Cattle. He is building his herd. He is a local boy, that went away, made his millions (literally just sold one of his business for over 750 mil) and built an extravagant home here in the area. He is very generous with local donations and the cattle are basically just something to sink lots of money into. The babies are just too cute for words. We spoke at lenght with one of the hired hands - it was really interesting.
We also saw some of the more exotic herds that are raised around here at a local farm that has llamas. I much prefer Alpaca to Llamas, but hey I will look and talk sweet to any cute face I see.

We also stopped at a place called Big Falls - a place off the side of the road with "trails" that lead to tall rocky cliffs that over look the river and the falls below. It is sort of scary, but a beautiful sight. mostly pine trees there so the trails were pretty slippery with all the fallen needles.

When we got home we took a walk to see all the destruction where they have cleared cut on the hill above my house. It is very sad. I can't think of how much wildlife has been displaced because of this.

We then made it back too the house, just sat down to a late lunch and dh got called out. Oh well, at least we had a few hours together, which is the first time we have really had any time since we returned from the cruise. And it looks like it will be the only chance for awhile. He won't be home until late tonight - and then I leave Thur - Sun for Portland, Me. Then he starts on-call on Monday.

RD - sorry your school year has gotten off to such an odd start. Some years are just that way. I'll be praying all goes well with James!

Thank you all who have offered to unite with me on Wed.

Judy, know you are in my thoughts and prayers!

I must get some things done. I am meeting some of the older ladies of our church at the local therapy pool where one of them is an instructor. We will have our very own therapy session for all our various medical problems. They are all 60 and 70's then there is me the baby - at 45, but has many of the same problems as them. I am sure they will put me to shame at what they can do...

Kuki - hope all is better with your folks.

Well have a great day all!
Old October 20th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Admiral

Good morning from chilly, in the 50's, Virginia Beach. I went to the gym bright and early this morning and then went to the bank so I have some cash for our upcoming weekend in Maryland. Trip, I hope your grandson, Aiden, had a great fifth birthday. This weekend, our grandson, Jeremy will be celebrating his fourth birthday although, in actuality his birthday is on October 30th; the day my mother passed away, many years ago. Jeremy's birthday is so special because our older daughter, Stephanie is named for my mother and for Stephanie to give birth on October 30th is a mitzvah! (blessing). May all my fellow cruisemates have a wonderful day and do spend a moment to give thanks for all that is good in life!