Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2008, 05:27 AM
Admiral

Default Good Thursday Morn and welcome home to James and Judy

A Fantastic Morning to one and all and a fantastic one it is! Keith said Judy came through her surgery with no difficulty as did James.

Yup, Fran and I both wore Pink to our special Healing Service yesterday Noon and asked our Rector to add Judy to our long time prayer list. I'm sure we weren't alone.

Some of us know first hand (myself being one) just how much of a loving caring and supportive family we have here at Cruisemates. Everyone appreciates a little support now and again through difficult times especially when they involve loved ones. I know it's hard to believe that even this fatalistic, pragmatic old curmudgeon appreciates that TLC but alas, it's true.

Oh James, a word to the wise. Don't get carried away. You soon may feel you are back to normal but I assure you, you aren't. Make extra sure you take it very very easy for several weeks. Hey, and aren't you retired anyway? That means that officially you can sit around all day and be waited on, right? Of course, if you do, let us know what funeral home you'll be using.

The nip of Fall is definitely in the air here in East Tennessee. Blessings to the whole crew and of course special prayers for Judy, James and all who need them.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2008, 07:22 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

It is brisk. Lots of heavy frost and at 25 degrees, people will have to make time to scrap their car windows this morning. It just is a brutal way to start the day...and it has just begun. It will be with us a long time and it will get worse.

I need to get packing. I have nothing ready and we are scheduled to leave in an hour and 40 minutes - they alway run late so I am not truly paniced yet. But I have a few household things I would like toget squared away before I leave so I should get crackin'.

Wishing you all a fantastic day - prayer for healing and strenght to those who need them.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

I think winter has hit Ks. (at least the Western part of the State) they were under a winter storm warning and blizzard warnings!! Far enough from me I don't have to worry yet! It was brisk this morning, the winds have switched direction, so it's going to be a damp, chilly day - and the temps are going to be below normal for the rest of the week to include the weekend. Oh well, can't expect summer to stay around forever

I do hope and pray everyone has a great day - prayers for all.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

It's so good to wake up and read the news here about Judy. I will continue to keep her in my prayers as she recovers and prepares to carry on with her chemo.

It was good to hear that James is doing well also. Hopefully he will be feeling just as good today after all the anesthesia and drugs have worn off.

I missed seeing Trip in chat last night. Someone said her back was hurting so prayers going out for her too.

I think I better get to the cleaners today to retrieve my winter coat. I may need it for the next week before we head south for the winter.

Take care everyone.
Phyll
Old October 23rd, 2008, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where the sun is shining to defy the -1C temperature! Frost on the pumpkins, that's for sure!

Wonderful news this morning that Judy came through her surgery all right.
Judy, I hope your recovery is short and painless!

James, too came through his surgery, and he is stronger and more pain-free than I expected. The hard part will be getting him to take it easy for awhile, but Todd, I will pass on your advice.
Thanks to everyone for your good wishes, it really helped him cope with the stress and worry yesterday.

Sadly, just as he was coming out of surgery yesterday, I got a call on my cell to tell us that his brother's wife passed away in San Antonio that morning. We immediately asked the doctor about air travel, and he recommended waiting 10 days. James wants to see how he feels by the weekend, as he hopes to be able to attend the funeral next Tuesday in Texas.

Well, it's back to work today for me, and back to the battle against the lice! I think I will be wearing my cap again all day, just to be sure!

donna
Old October 23rd, 2008, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a bright and cool Texas morning. The computer says it's 45, so we have really changed around here, in temp.

It is so good to hear that Judy and James are doing better. The prayers take longer these days, but it sure is worth it.

Not much going on with me today. Just some house work.

I had a great surprise last night. My son sent me an e-mail and attached was a recording of him singing "Can't Help Falling In Love" At the end he says, "I love you Mommy"

Just when you think they are driving you crazy, you love them even more.

Won't it be nice to wake up one morning and discover that the election is over with? Is anyone else sick of all this ?

I hope all of you have a wonderful day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 23rd, 2008, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Well weather seems to be a re-run of yesterday, that not a bad thing. I am realy fighting off a cold though, and the farmers are harvesting all around me (probably the cause of my affliction).

The kids had a ball last night at the magic/comedy show. Dinner was good and a good time was had by all. It is really strange to see a huge percentage of our little town's population show up for these events and pack the house. There will be another show in the spring, we'll be sure to show up and enjoy again.

Well my little sleeping beauty turns 6 on Saturday! It doesn't seem possible. It seems like just yesterday we were holding our brand new baby girl at the hospital, and here she is, now I can barely even pick her up! Oh she's so smart and sweet, we are so lucky to have her. She does have a stubborn streak though, not sure where that comes from....lol.

The wonder boy is awake and in the sun room blowing stuff up on his computer. He is very sweet today and gave me lots of lovins when he woke up this morning.

Looks like d/h is working in Michigan next week, only about an hour and a half from where his folks live, I hope the can get together at least once for dinner while he is up there. Glad that worked out. I think he'll enjoy his time up there. I guess I better get his winter coat out, since it gets a bit cooler up there.

I am thrilled to hear that James and Judy did well yesterday and are now on the road to recovery. Prayers will continue for the road ahead. Donna I am so sorry to hear about James brother's wife.

Well I had better get to work here, Mail will be here within the hour and I have lots of preparations today for my little girl's birthday. It should be a busy day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 23rd, 2008, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............

Phyll............don't get cold before ya get to go to Florida.......don't need a winter cold........

Luanne............so am I!!!!

Glad to hear about Judy & James............

Not much going on here.......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old October 23rd, 2008, 10:28 AM
Admiral

TGIT, for me anyway. Since I only work 4 days a week this is my Friday. I'm ready for the week-end to get here. No plans though, except Sunday we go to a high school play that my BF's grandson is in. The plays are usually really good but the accustics in the auditorium are awful and I don't hear much of what is being said. Oh well.

Everyone have a great day. I'm glad everyone came through all the surgeries okay.

Need some cruise help?