Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Admiral

Default Get Outta' That Rack, It's Thursday Morning!

This situation of sleeping in until 0600 hrs. EST darktime (and even 0500 CST darktime) is gonna' stop! You don't have time to let that water warm so get into that cold shower, pour down a mug of java and hit the door and get out there and either go to work or go shopping! Whadda' ya' mean, the store ain't open! Well then, find a Wal-Mart...just get goin'.

The Sarge!

Uhhhhh, would somebody please get rid of that idiot before he wakes up the entire neighborhood? Heck, I wanna' go back to bed! Trouble is I have an appointment with my Cardiologist in Johnson City this morning.

Prayers continue for those on the list along with the daily request for Blessings upon all.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Admiral

My goodness Sarge, you're up and at 'em early this morning! I thought I was up early!

I'm watching a beautiful sunrise over the hill. Everything is pretty and white after yesterday's snowstorm, but boy is it cold! Temp is -14 with windchill of -24C this morning, and I have to go swimming! Better make sue I'm good and dry before I come out of there!

Looks like we're getting the cold snap that Kuki had last week. Kuki was smart and headed to Arizona!

donna
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Wake Up Call

Good morning all from Florida where it is 74 out there already. It sure has been a hot humid December down here, but I'll take that over the frigid north.

Not much happening around here. It's been a good week health wise, and I've been able to get a few Christmas presents bought and mailed out.

Hope Luanne is enjoying her cruise.
Beenie, I hope you are rested up and feeling better.
Todd, sounds like a cold front coming south. Maybe you'll get your white Christmas.

Have a good one everybody.
Phyll
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Admiral

RATS! How did I miss this post. Well maybe the merge gods will take care of it.

Anyway good morning Todd and RD. :-)

Phyll
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well it seems to be starting off better than yesterday anyway. Phyll thanks for the well wishes. I am feeling better, though I am about $1,500 poorer, as that is the preliminary totals of the charges that someone has racked up on my company bank account, shopping around Waterford, Ireland. I just wonder how these things happen. My Husband rarely even uses the card for this account and somehow his card number has made it to Ireland. I might have expected it to have happened with mine, since it is generally on fire and is used frequently. Fortunately the bank "hot carded" it and they are sending d/h a new card. Once the disputes trickle down through normal channels the money should be restored to the account in about 10 days, which is a major relief. It also drives the point home how important it is to keep a close eye on your accounts online, so you can catch the thievery before the criminals drain your account. I have always had a great relationship with the young ladies at our bank's computer room and have always held them in high esteem, but it has now gone to new levels. I so appreciate them catching this, especially at this time of year. How sad for someone to try to steal all your money at Christmas time.
So today I will be trekking down to the bank to return the stacks of paperwork that need to be processed. I need to head down to the ceramics store to finish a project I started a while back and a couple of loads of laundry.
I think for Christmas just going to do a simple Turkey with stuffing in the bird, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a couple of sides. Just simple so we can sit and enjoy our day together.
I have been fighting the urge to book a flight somewhere warm. I really want to escape the cold right now. It is so depressing. At least the sun is shining right now.
Well I think I will start getting some work done and put some Jimmy Buffet music on so I can at least pretend to be somewhere tropical. Hope you all have a really great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Captain

Hello from a cold Ohio. It is due to warm up to around 40 today but they are saying to watch for some snow starting tomorrow nigh through Tues. We may have a white Christmas this year!
Today has already been a busy one. I've got all the apples peeled and ready to make apple cakes. I've got 2 loads of laundry done (in my new washer), taken the grandaughter to school, went to the bank for hubby, and managed to stop at the local hardware store to pick up some teflon tape. The next project is to install my new dishwasher. Why is it everything breaksdown at the same time? We have a semi load for hubby's business coming in around 2pm so I will have to help unload that. I am hoping to make a trip to Wally World later this evening, since they are open 24 hrs I think I'll go very late to avoid the crowds. Need to get busy with some shopping, still have a lot of things to pick up. I know what I want to get so it should be easy. Nothing on the list is a high demand item so they should have it in stock. At least I'm hoping they do.
Everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 17th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
My magic finger merged the morning posts...my finger is "smokin"!!!! Bright and cold here, and, I don't want to go anywhere.Yesterday I returned the holiday dress which would have made Lucy run for the hills,and opted for a back button number, in red velvet....so we won't need valium to dress her.....she is a girly girl, so it surprises me she didn't want to look like Zsa Zsa, on Christmas morn

Thats all I have today, other than to say...good thoughts, and, make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 17th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..............warming up.....40's already.......low 50's for the high......I'll take it......

Todd.......ya didn't wake me a bit.......guess ya need to be louder.....

Phyll......glad to hear you're feeling better.......

Beenie.........glad you know the gals at the bank.......that would of been disastorious........

Trip.....see??? Tripenese isn't so bad.....your fingers did it........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon

Old December 17th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Default Get Outta That Rack. It's Thursday Morning!

Good morning from Southern California. I guess it's good afternoon for some of you. Looks to be a warm day here.

I missed posting yesterday. I got myself up and dressed and headed for a mall. I have all my shopping done . . . I think! Cards are sent, too. I now have wrapping to do and ironing, as well.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old December 17th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good afternoon everyone:

Haven't felt too good for the last couple of days. I made an appointment with the Doctor for tomorrow to see what's going on. I spent most of yesterday inspecting the back of my eyelids. I think it worked out to about seventeen hours of sleep. It makes you feel like you really accomplished something.

Trip: Great job on merging the threads!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Admiral

Hello everyone! We've had a very quiet day. Tomorrow we'll both see the doctor (just a general end of year check-up). Our insurance has now made us use their prescription service (or jump through hoops :eek so we both need new scripts written. What a PITA! I'm really going to miss the great service our drug store has given us .

Have a great Friday and prayers going out to all,

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014