Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old May 25th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Tuesday

Morning Mates, from a cloudy and cooler Pictou County.
Yesterday the temps hits 27C or 80F, which is quite nice for May!
Today we have cloud, some rain expected, and cooler temps, but we can't complain, it was an absolutely beautiful long weekend!

Today is Tuesday, formerly known to me as LOST day. I am going to be LOST without it! Guess I could always watch the videotapes I made of the whole season if the withdrawl gets really bad....

This morning I have my Aquafitness Class, and the ladies are planning a big "end-of-session" lunch at a local resort/lodge/restaurant. I haven't been there since New Year's Day when it was freezing and blustery. It should be so pretty now that everything is green again, and you can see the lake and the sea. I'll try to remember to take pictures.....

I have finished writing my Noordam review, and hope you all have enjoyed reading it. I may write a few other wrap-up comments today when I get a chance, but it's sad to know it's all over again. I hate ending a cruise, don't you?

donna
Old May 25th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning RD and all who follow. Just time to check in before it's into the shower as we've an 8:00 am Doctor's appointment with our family physician/friend.

It's starting out sunny here in upper East Tennessee with a current temperature of 62 F with a hight predicted to be around 83 this afternoon with a 40 percent chance of some scattered thunderstorms which means if you get wet, it's the luck of the draw. ;-)

Hope all of my rellow CM's have a wonderful Tuesday and I'll check back later if I have the chance.

Todd
Old May 25th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well we didn't get the crazy storm we were expecting and all the sudden we've had a couple warm days and the pool is magically 80+ degrees.

I took d/d out to the local salon yesterday in the afternoon, we had pedicures done and it was so much fun to do girly stuff with my littlest, but sweetest girlfriend. So now our toes look beautiful and we are one step closer to our cruise.

While I was at the salon I got a phone call from my neighbor at the other end of the lane (my next door neighbor's Mom), she had just returned from the Doctor's office and I held my breath as she gave me the scoop. Her tone was upbeat and she said I have great news... I am going to have a mastectomy next week, but the surgeon is relatively confident that they caught the cancer in confined area and it hasn't spread outside the immediate area they found it in. Of course they will have to wait until the post surgical pathology reports on the tissue and lymph nodes etc. come back. But she was so worried it had spread, since she had suffered a back ache since December. So this is good news. So next week we are hoping to take her to Champaign to go shopping for mastectomy supplies and that sort of stuff. But so far this is a relief and a wonderful answer to prayer. She is a lovely woman and we want to keep her around as long as possible.

Today I need to do some more cleaning and then in the afternoon to chiropractor and a softball game with little girlfriend. So busy, busy. Hope you all have a great day and you all have something to smile about:-D

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 25th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Going to hit 90 here today, and I have my Little Lucy today...i think I will let her run around in just her diaper today...Wish I could do the same, in my skivvies

BW, I am sad for you neighbor...having had that news three times, I understand her anguish, and, all the decisions that need to be made. My pink road began in 1997.....tell her I am proof, that there is light at the end of the tunnel.. I send her my prayers,wishing her a comfortable recovery..xox

Make it a good one. ps..just found another cruise mystery...Set Sail For Murder R.T. Jordan

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 25th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

Hello everyone, I am sitting in the Delta Sky Club at Boston Logan airport. sorry the Celtics lost. Heading back home to Cincinnati. Boston is supposed to hit 90 degrees today; and I believe it will be in the low 80's in Ohio. Anyway just wanted to say hi to all you wonderful Cruisemates bloggers.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old May 25th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Admiral

AFI..You are probably sitting in the best part of our unimpressive Logan Have a safe trip home!

Old May 25th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Captain

Another sunshiny day here. I've been up since 4:30 am as my grandaughter had to be brought here early as her mom & dad needed to be at the hospital at 6 am. Daughter had to have her gall bladder removed and was scheduled for 8 am. Got a call from my son-in-law at about 8:20 that the surgery was over and she did fine. Will be awhile before he get to see her. I had planned on going up to the hospital once I got little one on the school bus but D/D asked me not to attempt to get there as she would be done before I could make it. She was right! It is about a 45 min. drive to the hospital and I would just now be getting there. If all goes well she will be home by noon. Oh modern technology, years past she would be in the hospital for days and then weeks recouperating. So glad this is over for her as she has not been feeling well for a couple of months now.
BW the news for your friend is both good and bad. Bad that she has cancer but good that they found it early. I will add her to my prayer list. Also, it sounds like you and d/d had a great time yesterday, one of the joys of being a mom.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Old May 25th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
BW, I am sad for you neighbor...having had that news three times, I understand her anguish, and, all the decisions that need to be made. My pink road began in 1997.....tell her I am proof, that there is light at the end of the tunnel.. I send her my prayers,wishing her a comfortable recovery..xox
You know I am sad too that anyone has to go through this. I pray for a cure for this awful disease. I have to be honest though her wonderful attitude is infectious. She is just thrilled that so far the prognosis is favorable. No wonder, she is such a cool lady, with such a great family. They come from good stock and she is a terrific roll model.

Thanks for the encouraging words, I will pass them along to her!

Old May 25th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Admiral

BW...for me, my sense of humour,sometimes maybe dark humour...got me through...... she has legions of supporters,all wishing her the best!

Old May 25th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning,
Another summer like day here in the city. Right now thereís no sun and that ok by me. It will give me the chance to get more yard work done without that hot sun beating down on me. BW, my mom is a breast cancer survivor going on 29 years now. She lives a very active lifestyle and is in great health at 71 years of age. Best wishes go out to this neighbor woman. Not much else to report here except Sex and the City 2 comes out on Thursday and I canít wait. This was my all time favorite TV series to date. I will be at the first showing!! Hope everyone had a great day!
Old May 25th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Hot and sunny NY
Old May 25th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from South Carolina where it is over cast with a storm off shore that people here are a little worried about. It most likely will get in the way of our plans this weekend, but not the end of the world.

BW My thoughts and prayers are with your neighbor-friend. I hope she does really well.

I don't have much planned for today. I finished my update on Stone last night, and have moved to San Fran to find out what is going on with the Women's Murder club.

After this one I have two more books to read, and hopefully be able to donate them to the local public library, if I can find it.

Jim and his troops had a few set backs yesterday. To explain what happened, take your computer outside, put it on a piece of ply wood, under a tent, and then leave it over night with a storm. Thankfully, all is not lost, and the experence it good for learning what can happen in battlefield conditions.

I hope all of you are having a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 25th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Tuesday

Good morning from sunny Southern California. Wish we had some of that East Coast warmth (but not the humidity!). It's still jeans and sweater weather here.

BW, I, too, was in you neighbor's situation, and I had a mastectomy in 08. I still pray that I can be a surivor. Please add me to those legions who root for her. My friend, Nancy, is not so fortunate. She has battled colon cancer for the last couple of years. It has metastasized, including the lymph nodes. Her oncologist has given her six months to five years. Right now, she feels very well and continues a normal life.

Judy