Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Admiral

Default Super Duper Saturday!!

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Today I am going to venture out to the Renaissance Festival with the wonderboy and d/h is going to take the Princess out for lunch and a movie. It should prove to be a fun afternoon for everyone involved.

I woke up in a panic this morning. Late yesterday I went outside to water flowers and just kind of commune with nature and stuff and realized the level of the water in the pool was getting low so I had d/d put the hose in the pool for a while to fill it up. Well I'll be darned if I wasn't so tired that I fell asleep and left it on all night. So about 6:00 a.m. I woke up because the cats were demanding breakfast. But I was playing possum with them trying to steal a few more winks before giving in and giving them breakfast. Well I was laying there when I heard the faint click of the well pump, then I was laying there wondering why the well pump had kicked on, then I remembered I left the water on in the pool, well I sprung out of bed and sprinted (OK the slug equivalent of sprinting) out of the bedroom then I realized I was barefoot on both feet, I had no crutch, and it occured to me that I had very little pain, really most of the pain came from my right foot...that would be the foot I did not have surgery on a little over 3 and a half weeks ago! So I calmed down, went back in the bedroom threw a shoe on my left foot and grabbed a crutch and then went out and turned the hose off. All I can say is the pool is quite full.

I went to Physical Therapy yesterday for the first time and they did Ultrasound Therapy with an anti inflammatory. It must have worked because the swelling went down a lot and it feels pretty darned good this morning.

So that's the scoop. I 'm afraid that's as exciting as things get around here these days . I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Today is looking to be a beautiful day, tomorow, starts a 4 day heat wave, over 90 again, and, by the end of the week, maybe a piece of the tail end of a hurricane...oh my!

I am off to work, to do my windows, and Bruce is taking Aiden out for breakfast. This slinny kid, can sure put it away! Bacon and more bacon, at the Old Country Buffet

BW, you need to write a book, The Indiana Adventures of Beenie I will buy it for my kindle

Good thoughts,and make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 28th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot and sunny NY . I took my kids to a Renaissance Festival when they were in their pre-teens but I had the best time ever .

Tonight we are going out to dinner with friends and to possibly the last in park concert for the summer
Old August 28th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Morning Beenie, Trip and all to follow...
Beenie, what a rude awakening - but at least you know your foot is feeling better!
Trip, looks like we are in for much the same weather for a few days, and that is fine by me! I love the heat and the sun, as I know it won't be long before I will be missing it immensely!
Talk about the "Dog Days of August"....this is how I spent the afternoon the other day, and will probably do the same today...taking Emma to the beach.
Finally, she got brave enough to stop barking at the waves and wade in!

Later tonight, we will be going to the monthly Trivia Nite at the pub, then, as that finishes early, we're going to see a comedy show called "Jimmy Flynn and the Flying Fisherman", followed by a down-home dance...
Should be interesting.....

donna
Old August 28th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Beenie and I have the same thing on the agenda. We are also heading to our Renaissance Festival with the grandkids. I'll enjoy eating a turkey leg and listening to people pretending to be English and speaking with really bad English accents.

It will be nice to go. For the last couple of months I haven't been feeling very good but since last week when I had a pacemaker adjustment and started a new medication I am feeling much better. I actually will have the energy to enjoy myself.

The only problem is that it sounds like the grandson didn't get enough sleep last night. I hear him whining to grandma downstairs. I guess grandpa has to go and do some "bud nippin".

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 28th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Good morning all!

I just wrote my morning post and then accidentally deleted the whole thing.

It's going to be hot again today here as well, Trip and also probably through Wednesday. But then, ours hasn't abated but maybe one or two days into the mid eighties. Hard to believe we're going into September.

I'm sure you Beenie Weenie and Mike and your male charges are going to love your Renaissance Fair expedition. Also I'm just as confident that your daughter is chomping at the bit to be taken to lunch B/W, by her father.

I told Fran awhile back, Donna, that I'd bet it was only a matter of time until Emma hit the water. Setters and Labs are both "water" dogs. Now your cat Lucy on the other hand.........

Henry, did you go to that Renaissance Fair in I believe it used to be Ramapo, NJ? At any rate I recall seeing TV ads every year for that one.

We're under a bit of a cloud here. Fran's temp went back up to 101.5 overnight. She had just started taking the antibiotic she had for the infection on her arm but as she'd only taken one yesterday morning, she stopped and started taking Levaquin (it's stronger) as per standing Dr's. orders when her temp reached 101.5. It has since dropped to the low 99's as a result of her Tylenol (the antibiotic won't kick in much before tomorrow).
We're hoping she can hang tough until her blood work on Tuesday but if it rises as anytime to 102, it's off to the ER and admittance to the hospital.

I always close with something along the lines of "Prayers and Blessings continue," etc. The other day I overheard the comment about sharing on message boards with strangers things such as personal thoughts, apprehensions, including faith based "asides" is so inane. I got to thinking how sad such folks must become if and when they need a lift, for whatever reason and especially if they're involved with a crisis. Nonetheless, I always include such folks in my nightly prayers along with ones for my beloved Cruise Mates. It doesn't bother me that they may not wish for them as it's private between me and my God. And who knows, maybe it might some day pay them a huge dividend. :-)

So, in keeping with tradition, Prayers for those on the list and Blessings for all continue ....unabated!

Todd
Old August 28th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Default Super Duper Saturday

Good morning on this marvelous overcast morning! It's much cooler, and I'm lovin' it.

Keith went off to Riverside. I am about to make tonight's dinner, an entree tuna salad. Shepard's bread will accompany it.

Mike, I'm glad you're feeling better. A favor: if you read this thread, would you please post the name of the on-line site where you buy plane tickets? I've lost it. Thanks!

Todd, I figure I always need somebody praying for me, if for no other reasons than discouragemennt and general attitude. YBut you and Fran are wonderful examples for all of us.

Judy
Old August 28th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Good Morning from New Orleans..Saints had their final pre-season tune up game last night at the Dome and looked sharp, so we are all awaiting the season opener on Thursday Sept 9th, or as we like to call it..Brent's retirement party and behind kicking
Old August 28th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Admiral

Default Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
Good morning all!

I just wrote my morning post and then accidentally deleted the whole thing.

It's going to be hot again today here as well, Trip and also probably through Wednesday. But then, ours hasn't abated but maybe one or two days into the mid eighties. Hard to believe we're going into September.

I'm sure you Beenie Weenie and Mike and your male charges are going to love your Renaissance Fair expedition. Also I'm just as confident that your daughter is chomping at the bit to be taken to lunch B/W, by her father.

I told Fran awhile back, Donna, that I'd bet it was only a matter of time until Emma hit the water. Setters and Labs are both "water" dogs. Now your cat Lucy on the other hand.........

Henry, did you go to that Renaissance Fair in I believe it used to be Ramapo, NJ? At any rate I recall seeing TV ads every year for that one.

We're under a bit of a cloud here. Fran's temp went back up to 101.5 overnight. She had just started taking the antibiotic she had for the infection on her arm but as she'd only taken one yesterday morning, she stopped and started taking Levaquin (it's stronger) as per standing Dr's. orders when her temp reached 101.5. It has since dropped to the low 99's as a result of her Tylenol (the antibiotic won't kick in much before tomorrow).
We're hoping she can hang tough until her blood work on Tuesday but if it rises as anytime to 102, it's off to the ER and admittance to the hospital.

I always close with something along the lines of "Prayers and Blessings continue," etc. The other day I overheard the comment about sharing on message boards with strangers things such as personal thoughts, apprehensions, including faith based "asides" is so inane. I got to thinking how sad such folks must become if and when they need a lift, for whatever reason and especially if they're involved with a crisis. Nonetheless, I always include such folks in my nightly prayers along with ones for my beloved Cruise Mates. It doesn't bother me that they may not wish for them as it's private between me and my God. And who knows, maybe it might some day pay them a huge dividend. :-)

So, in keeping with tradition, Prayers for those on the list and Blessings for all continue ....unabated!

Todd

I used to go to the Renaissance Fair in Tuxedo,NY
Old August 28th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Admiral

Henry,

That's the one I was thinking of. At least I was close.

Todd
Old August 28th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Admiral

Good evening from where it is a nice, breezy, 75 degrees, in Virginia Beach. I rose early and hit a few garage sales. Then, I did some food shopping and just relaxed. Rob is still recuperating from fall on his bike yesterday and is on a pain medicine. I picked up Chinese carryout for dinner. So went the day. Hopefully, by Thursday, Rob will be able to make the drive to northern Virginia so we can see our kids and grandkids. Hope all of you had a great day and prayers go out to those who need a little lift.
Old August 28th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Admiral

My grandkids are too young to go there now