Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old April 5th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Default Blustery Tuesday

Today reminds me of the the story "Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day".
Things are flying, and the house is shaking, it's so windy out there!
It seems to be raining too, instead of snowing, so I guess that is a good thing...

Thanks for the encouragement yesterday re: my job interview. My question is, why do people advertise a position that doesn't exist?
The interview went very well, only to find out that there are no openings right now, that summer work is not sure yet, and there may be a maternity leave position open at the end of August. Doesn't do me a whole lot of good now..:???:
It may give me some substitute work in the meantime, but I won't hold my breath..

Meanwhile, I continue with the after school kids, who are itching to get outside to play again, but it is so muddy right now, I'm holding off for a while...

Have a good day all!
donna
Old April 5th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Admiral

A bright and sunny day here in the city, looks like temps are starting to stay stable in the 50ís. Off to get my hair done Iím in need of a color, cut, and highlights. Have to look good for Mickey Mouse next week! Not much else, have a great day!
Old April 5th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
All I want is a sunny warm day, with a subtle breeze...is that so hard??? I guess so...I may have to wait till Venice,where they say the high might be 70...ahhhhh

Ever put something away.....away sooooo good, you can't find it? I bought a flip cam last year for the England trip,and when the volcano popped, I put it away,and I mean awayyyyyyyyy I need to rip the drawers and closet apart to find it.....oy

Lucy will be here soon, at 3 years old she loves to do makeup and hair,and Memere lets her do what she wants..I look like Ethyl Merman when she is finished

Make it a good one.

PS ....Ray,please check in, and, Manuel...bon voyage!!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 5th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Rainville,NY .Its going to be in the 60's today .I am leaving for the hospital shortly .
Old April 5th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! My 3rd last morning to enjoy coffee and the view from my patio perch Yet another gorgeous morning, and temps are heading to 90.

An early golf game this morning, and then over to a friend's place for a bar-b-q this evening.
Old April 5th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Captain

Rain has stopped and the sun is trying to peek out. Temps in the 50's today. Trip I agree with your weather wishes...me too!
I have my 2 yr old grandaughter, Danica today. We are going to venture out to get the car and motorhome tags later. Since both are in D/H's name and today is his birthday they need to be purchased and on the vehicles. Danica is like Lucy and likes to do the hair thingy. She turns 3 tomorrow so we will be having a party for both her and D/H tomorrow evening. Where has the time went, seems like only yesterday we were waiting for her to be born and now she is 3.
Kuki, enjoy your last few days in the warmth of AZ.
Everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 5th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Default Blustery Tuesday

Good morning! Another hot one here, and then some changes.

Keith plans to do a presentation for the Youth Air Academy today in Riverside. I have a derm appt. I found out yesterday that I was doing my shoulder exercises incorrectly. No wonder it was so sore!

Hav a good day, everybody!

Judy
Old April 5th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from a rainy, Virginia Beach. Yesterday, we were spooked with the weather that hit above 80! I went to the gym this morning, then did some ironing and chores around the house. April showers have come upon us with a vengeance. Hope it is sunny where my fellow cruisemates live!