Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Already

Morning Mates, it's Wednesday and still "flurrying" out there, accompanied by a biting wind. At the moment it is -7, "feels like" -17, or 1F. Still, it sure doesn't look like January out there! That may change tomorrow night when a n'oreaster is expected to bring 10-15 cms of snow.....

Last night I attended my first TOPS meeting.
I have decided to do something about the amount of weight I've gained since moving here, and I need the moral support!
I've also stepped up my exercise regime to 3 times a week of aquafitness, once a week yoga/pilates, and starting today, I'm going ice skating at the arena once a week.
Since I can't find a roller rink anywhere in Nova Scotia, ice skating will have to suffice.

Elbow pain is slowly improving with all the self-help treatments I am doing. Just hope I don't fall skating and undo all the good I've been doing!

donna

p.s.Part 2 is up after a labourious evening of copy and paste posting!
Old January 11th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Loved Parts I and II of your review! The photos are wonderful!

It's forecast to be a dreary wet day today and I have to Chair a Humane Society Meeting. Then I have to go buy some Keurig cups for my coffee. I forgot to order thinking I had another box. Well, I didn't. I think one of the deaprtment stores in town carries them. Worst case scenario, the machine also comes with a basket and you can use your own coffee and I have small bag of Dunkin' Donuts coffee so at least I won't go through withdrawl.

Glad to hear your arm is getting better R/D and hope you Mike are finally getting some relief from your broken knee. It's hell when one gets older and it takes twice as much time to heal, ain't it?

Thinking about you Luanne and all your packing preparations and glad to hear you had some break time Moiraine to read yesterday. Love both of you'uns!

Judy, is that Wright Flyer project about to come to fruition and if so, is Keith or someone gonna' fly it?

Hope everyone has a wonderful "hump" day and of course Prayers and Blessings continue!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old January 11th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a cool, clear Texas.

Today is my 3rd Angelversary. I got that name from the web site "Parents of Murdered Children", and it suits me.

Three years ago at this time, I was waking up and seeing Jim's bags packed for his latest deployment. I realized that Joe had stayed over with his friend, which was good, because classes would begin on Monday, and he wanted to spend some time with his friends, who were in colleges around the state, and this was one last time to be together.

I called Joe to let him know he needed to come home, and say goodby to his daddy before he left.

Things started falling together that day. If I had not handed my phone to Jim to recharge, I would have received the call myself. If I had not called, Jim would have left, without knowing his baby boy was dead.

That call changed my life forever. It made me realize how very strong I could be. It made me realize how very short life can be.

I truely believe that what does not kill you, makes you stronger.

Today, I will take it one step at a time. I have some more running around, but might not get to it. I need to cook dinner, but I might not get to it.

What I will do is love my fellow man, and pray for each of you.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 11th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Admiral

Luanne,

I didn't know today was the Third Anniversary. My heart goes out to you and you know that for a fact. What sustains me is my faith and my Cruisemates. You know you have a whole lot of shoulders to lean on. God knows I've leaned on your and Jim's. Bless you both.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old January 11th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates...

Just popping in to say howdy! Yesterday was busy. Dropped d/d off at the sitter and took d/s to the orthodontist to get all the stuff done that he'll need before he gets his braces. Oh my gosh this is such long drawn out production. But 2 years from now when he has beautiful straight teeth, I am sure it will be worth it. Then we will start the whole process over with the girl. We made a stop off at my wonderful foot surgeon's office to have him look at a bump that is developing on the joint of my big toe... It would appear it is nothing major and once I get my new orthotics and a nice pair of athletic shoes, we hope it will resolve. Most of my aches and pains these days seem to be due to arthritis, but luckily it is minor. So I need to just stay active and busy to stave it off I guess... I think when you quit moving that's when you get in trouble. But its hard to keep moving when it hurts.

I had enough time after our appointment to stop off and pick up some buffalo wings, drive home, feed the masses and get to rehearsal. We are really making progress and I love my character. She is totally straight, kind of bitter and nasty, but has some really funny lines. So I am enjoying it tremendously. I have no more rehearsals this week until Sunday so my time is devoted to memorizing these lines... Oy! it is a project! But i must get off book before we leave for our cruise in 10 short days!

Speaking of our cruise... of course I booked a guarantee, which is not a problem, as long as there are 4 beds, a bathroom and I have packed my ear plugs I am pleased... But we still have no room assignment.

Evidently the ship is nearly sold out There are still a handful of cabins left but they are doubles and triples... I have no idea where they will put us...

Today the focus is getting caught up on the domestic duties and getting my kitty to the vet. Sebastian has had a terrible sneeze lately and I am kind of worried about him. So in a bit I will call to see if they can get him in.

Hope you all are having a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 11th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

Today is a bit on the wet side, but with warm temps.

Luanne, I pray for you and I admire how brave you have been in living with the loss of a loved one.
May God bless you and your family.

RD, I loved you pictures and review.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old January 11th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........34 out right now........buuuurrrrrrrrr..........suppose to make it to the low 40's........hope so........

Luanne.......thinking of you today........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old January 11th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Luanne, I too send my heartfelt thoughts to you today. I can't believe it's been 3 years.
Wishing you strength to get through this "angelversary", remember we're thinking of you!

donna
Old January 11th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. We are supposed to get rain today but not until later but it is cooler, more like mornal Jan temps.

Luanne, you are in my prayers.

Todd, I almost exculsively use the basket with my Kuerig, so much more econimical than the pods.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old January 11th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Back from the "physical terrorist" and I am exhausted. Will be another month before I can use the right arm to even pick up a pen. This is getting old, hope I don't forget how to drive, cook or do housework.

Wow, big thunder boom and this is January.

Thinking of you today Luanne.

Brenda
Old January 11th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Enjoying coffee and cruisemates on the patio perch. Not a heat wave today, but we're heading to 69 or 70 degrees.

Heading to a round of golf with some friends I refer to as the "chicago mafia"; a group of guys who come out several times a winter for a weekend of golf.

There are sn many money games going on, we need to have an accountant with us.

Think tonight is dinner out with our Missouri buddies at Don & Charlies.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 11th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Already

Good morning. The sun is out in full force. Kinda chilly and dry as a bone.

Donna, I am enjoing your reviews. Glad to hear your elbow is getting better. It takes a long time.

Todd, the Wright Flyer Project has been going on a long time. I don't think they want to get it done. Keith will have to give you the details on it.

Today Keith sees the doctor and will officially, I guess, find out of knee replacement surgery is in his near future.

Have a good day.

Judy
Old January 11th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Luanne..thinking of you...xo

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 11th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good afternoon everyone.

It was a late night for me and it was "interesting" to wake up and look at the clock and see that it was 12:16.

I didn't go to sleep until almost 5 so it isn't that terrible that I slept late. Betty also slept until that time but she went to sleep around 2. So we are just lazy people.

Nothing on the agenda for today. I've completed my daily leg exercises so the highlight of my day is complete.

Our beautiful 53 degree weather has departed and it is a snow/rain mix outside with a temp of 30. It is supposed to be near zero tomorrow so I guess we can't have Spring in January. However, no major snowfall is on the horizon so we have that going for us.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 11th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny and cold NY