CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Super Saturday (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/393130-super-saturday.html)

rollerdonna November 17th, 2012 08:52 AM

Super Saturday

Morning Mates, my favourite day of the week is here again, and the weather is typically November; dull and cold, but at least it's not freezing or raining because 2 friends and I are headed to Halifax this afternoon to see the annual "Parade of Lights" Christmas extravaganza. Standing outside on the parade route with some 10,000 people maybe the body heat alone will keep us warm!

Yesterday was an interesting day, my interview went well but I still won't know anything till next week. I also spent my afternoon "off" working at the new centre (big and beautiful!) unpacking a multitude of toys for the daycare rooms. It is unbelievable how much useless packaging goes into a box of toys!

Well, better get my day started, but first, here is a pic of the little Christmas decorating I've managed to get done so far. This is my little tree, kept outside all year in the screen porch, and decoarated for each holiday or season.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...67104127_n.jpg

donna

KellyKayden November 17th, 2012 12:06 PM

Happy saturday friends! :)

I have been gone the last few weeks, work has been kicking my butt!

Today i have a "date" with my oldest son...followed by cleaning and laundry (yuck)...but i get to finish the day checking out a new jazz club in town with friends!

I'll be cruising the boards today to catch up on everyone! Hope you are all doing well! I may even go catch up on "open forum"....see what all i've been missing ;-)

LS80 November 17th, 2012 12:12 PM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........rain & cool..........

Not much happening here today.........

Y'all have a good day........

Sharon

Mike M November 17th, 2012 01:28 PM

Good morning everyone. It's still morning here, for the next thirty minutes. :)

Yesterday was a fun day. We picked up our venison, venison brats and summer sausage from the butcher. There was A LOT of it. My nephew, his girlfriend, Betty and I spent about an hour packaging the brats and dividing the meat up. It barely fit into my upright freezer. I also OD'd on summer sausage and brats and today I'm paying the price. A little too much salt and I'm bloated like the Michellin Man. Time to take the water pills, so I guess I won't be venturing too far from home today.

My niece and her boyfriend are coming over this afternoon to pick up their meat and they'll stay for dinner. I'm making pheasant chowder.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday and a great upcoming week.

Kelly: Enjoy your date.

Take care,
Mike

Aerogirl November 17th, 2012 01:39 PM

Good afternoon folks
We too RD have started putting up the outside Christmas décor just today with the mild temps however we won’t light them up until Thanksgiving night. Have a good one people!

Chuck Palm November 17th, 2012 01:42 PM

Another sunny day, 75 degrees f., blue skies with white puffy clouds here in Central Colonial Patzcuaro, Mexico.

Four weeks from tomorrow we will return to the states for our coming H.A.L. Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise.

We are having a dinner party tonight for eight people...here is the Menu:

Starter: Olive tapanade and goat cheese on crackers as well as mixed veggies with a yogurt and curry dip

First Course: Beet Carapaccio Salad

Main Course: Juicy Roasted Prime Rib Roast, home made creamed corn, oven roasted buttered carrots, & steamed broccoli

Dessert: Coconut Cake with a creme anglaise filling, whipped cream frosting and freshly grated coconut.

I'd better get back to cooking...bye for now.:mrgreen:

Lakers Fan November 17th, 2012 03:08 PM

I was supposed to be baby sitting today but plans were changed .However,I am going out to dinner this evening with good friends .No politics will be discussed.
These people are avid cruisers who never heard of CM.

Aerogirl November 17th, 2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Palm (Post 1455358)
Another sunny day, 75 degrees f., blue skies with white puffy clouds here in Central Colonial Patzcuaro, Mexico.

Four weeks from tomorrow we will return to the states for our coming H.A.L. Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise.

We are having a dinner party tonight for eight people...here is the Menu:

Starter: Olive tapanade and goat cheese on crackers as well as mixed veggies with a yogurt and curry dip

First Course: Beet Carapaccio Salad

Main Course: Juicy Roasted Prime Rib Roast, home made creamed corn, oven roasted buttered carrots, & steamed broccoli

Dessert: Coconut Cake with a creme anglaise filling, whipped cream frosting and freshly grated coconut.

I'd better get back to cooking...bye for now.:mrgreen:

YUMMY!!!!! I'll be there at 6:00!:)