Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Beginner

Default Questions for Costa Atlantica cruisers

I am considering taking a cruise on Costa for the first time -Atlantica, and while I don't expect to exactly measure up to Princess, which I sail many times, the price seems right for my getaway.

I am used to taking it slow on a cruise, finding a quiet spot on the promenade deck, a little shade and a good book and I am wondering if I can find this on Atlantica. I looked at a couple of deck plans, but I am not seeing much outdoor deck space, other than by the pool.

Does anyone know?

Also, I prefer my dinners to be lowkey outside of the dining room. Are there non-paying casual alternatives for dinner?

Finally, can I bring my own wine aboard if I have it uncorked in the dining room?

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Familiar Face

The ship is the same layout as the Carnival Spirit. I think there are quiet places onboard for sunning and for dining. You can go to the buffey area at night.

As far as I know you are allowed to bring a bottle of wine per person - and they can uncork it in the dining room - or you can drink it in your stateroom.

Seabourn 1995 - Carnival Elation 1996 - Sea Princess 1998 - Crystal Harmony 1998 - Grand Princess 1998 - Holland America Ryndam 1999 - Renaissance 2000 Oceania 2002 - Carnival Conquest 2004 - Pride of America 2005 - Emerald Princess 2006 - Crsytal Serenity June 2008
Old September 11th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Passenger

I have never sailed on Princess, but we sailed on the Atlantica in April and absolutely loved it. She was a gorgeous ship with lots of fantastic quiet spaces.

The muster decks/promenade NEVER had traffic. There is nothing located there so they are always empty. However, there is a lot of shade and a few benches.

The indoor Garden Terrace on forward part of Deck 3(?) was always beautiful and quiet. I NEVER saw anyone sitting there no matter what part of day I passed through. That might have been because you could feel quite a bit of motion in this part of the ship. That doesn't bother me, but it might with someone else.

The Chapel in the forward part of Deck 4 is fantastic and quiet. Beautiful stained glass windows and statues - very peaceful - it is well worth a visit (even if you are not a religious type.)

By the way, Costa does not allow you to bring alcohol aboard - not even wine. However, there are several wine packages available.
Old December 11th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Beginner

Post Re: Questions for Costa Atlantica cruisers

I am going to be cruising on Costa Atlantica during spring break. I would like to know what people thought about Costa Atlantica. How was service, food, entertainment, cabins, ship layout, etc. I also want to know things you recomend doing or things you really liked and also things you didn't like about the ship.
A big question: how are spring breakers on cruises?