CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Cuisine (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-cuisine/)
-   -   What are the Best Dishes on Carnival Cruises? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-cuisine/389928-what-best-dishes-carnival-cruises.html)

Dequindre June 13th, 2012 01:05 PM

What are the Best Dishes on Carnival Cruises?

I hear the melty chocolate cake is pretty good. Other than that, I don't know too much.

Mike M June 13th, 2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dequindre (Post 1432855)
I hear the melty chocolate cake is pretty good. Other than that, I don't know too much.

Many people rave about the Chocolate Melting Cake. I would suggest asking for one that is a bit well-done. I've found that the consistency is lacking. I've had them from basically raw to extremely overdone.

If you are going on the 2.0 ships then the Guy's Burgers are pretty tasty along with the Fish and Chips.

The lamb shanks aren't too bad in the MDR.

Take care,
Mike

Dequindre June 13th, 2012 02:01 PM

I'm going on the Pride, so I think the choices are between the Main Dining Room, Normandie Restaurant, and the Mermaid Grille. I'm not planning on going to David's.

pokerplayer June 21st, 2012 04:43 AM

Melty chocolate cake.. Yummy!

rkome July 7th, 2012 08:49 PM

My favorite thing for dessert on Carnival is the carmelized banana cream pie. Best pie I've ever had hands down.

I know I'm in the minority, but I didn't care for the warm chocolate melting cake.

Trip July 7th, 2012 10:06 PM

On the newest ships, the Cucina del Capitano restaurants, the arancini is to die for...yum!

Dhill July 8th, 2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1437089)
On the newest ships, the Cucina del Capitano restaurants, the arancini is to die for...yum!

I know its been a while but its time for the dumb question of the day.And here we go What is arancini? I have never heard of it.:)

KDGodwin July 8th, 2012 09:52 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe they are little breaded balls of Risotto. Giada made them on the food network (which is what I watch when I watch TV)!

buttons16 July 8th, 2012 09:55 AM

Fried rice balls coated in breadcrumbs.

snorklr45 July 9th, 2012 12:37 AM

French pear braised in wine served with a pretty little dollop of cream cheese. To die for!!

KDGodwin July 9th, 2012 02:32 AM

I posted this on another thread somewhere here, but still feel the same...

There was a Vegetarian Pot Pie on my last cruise that was just amazing! I am not a vegetarian and I love sweets, but the flavor of this thing was just the best!

It was the best thing I have eaten on a cruise (all Carnival so far), as strange as that may be! :-)

Truck Cruiser July 9th, 2012 04:47 AM

Love the warm chocolate melting cake....dang, everything is so good on the menu but if I had to pick one I would say....All the above....lol:-P

twoAlaskans October 3rd, 2012 07:36 PM

The Cowboy bone in steak in the Steak house was AWSOME...love the melting cake, heck did not find one food or dessert that was not good on our cruise...

Snoozeman October 3rd, 2012 07:45 PM

The Mongolian Grill is very good.

seadog2 October 3rd, 2012 08:09 PM

The Bar-b-qued Cornish Hen is very good.

Deni October 4th, 2012 09:14 PM

I love the pumpkin soup - had 2 bowls! :)

D~

mehawk October 21st, 2012 11:21 AM

It has been awhile since I had a meal in a Carnival MDR that I actually had to exclaim "Wow"! The new menus have already become tired to me and I now prefer to eat at one of the grills. I haven't tried any of the upscale restaurants yet but I shall someday. Still, a cruise is a CRUISE!!

storybookcruises.com October 21st, 2012 12:06 PM

I agree with others - the chocolate cake is really good, when it's done properly, and we enjoyed the steak in David's.

Pete

Alan8100 October 23rd, 2012 01:35 PM

Pizza with coke...
I love pizza...Ymmmm