CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Deals (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-deals/)
-   -   My great deal (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-deals/391435-my-great-deal.html)

Lakers Fan August 24th, 2012 10:10 PM

My great deal

My wife and I received $300 in onboard ship credit for a 2013 cruise .This is the most we've ever gotten.

Kuki August 24th, 2012 10:27 PM

Whether that is a "deal" or not would depend on what you paid. Additionally if that was each or total.

Glad you're happy, but you're not really supplying information.

Lakers Fan August 24th, 2012 10:31 PM

The $300 is for both of us .Its a 2 week cruise ,an outside cabin -non obstructed view -$3800.00. Perhaps not a great deal but its the best we've ever gotten . We are not seasoned cruisers .

aerospace August 25th, 2012 01:07 AM

The more expensive the cruise cabin the higher the OBC you can get. I've seen 1000OBC offered before for suites.

Also there are many ways to get OBC. If you own stock in the cruiseline you get credit, future cruise deposits on celebrity for instance of $100 give you $300 OBC for cruises 12 days or longer, sometimes the cruiselines will add credit rather than lower a price, or you can get it through a travel agent. Many times you can get several of these and they will add up.

Usually though I find a cheap base fare to be more important in getting a good deal than how much credit you get.

Marsdude August 25th, 2012 09:37 AM

Perhaps we should just all join the OP in their happiness over getting the credit.

:D:D:D

Kuki August 25th, 2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsdude (Post 1443543)
Perhaps we should just all join the OP in their happiness over getting the credit.

:D:D:D

As I said, I'm happy he's happy with the deal.

But, it was posted in "Cruise Deals".. and if you read the posted purpose of the Cruise Deals folder.... it is to share information on great deals to assist others.

If the OP wants to share what he feels is a great deal, then by all means post the ship's name, sail date, etc. and someone else might feel it's a great deal that they may want to share, by booking the same cruise.

Nhat.Lee November 18th, 2012 11:19 PM

Where did you get this?

Nhat.Lee November 19th, 2012 10:21 AM

Message me for the details please. :)

SoCalGringo November 25th, 2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerospace (Post 1443519)
The more expensive the cruise cabin the higher the OBC you can get. I've seen 1000OBC offered before for suites.

Also there are many ways to get OBC. If you own stock in the cruiseline you get credit, future cruise deposits on celebrity for instance of $100 give you $300 OBC for cruises 12 days or longer, sometimes the cruiselines will add credit rather than lower a price, or you can get it through a travel agent. Many times you can get several of these and they will add up.

Usually though I find a cheap base fare to be more important in getting a good deal than how much credit you get.

hey aerospace,

maybe i'm posting in the wrong place, but it seems like you might have the answer to this question: can the 'stock ownership' benefit(s) be combined with, other benefits--like the amex 'cruise privileges' program (if you're familiar with that one)? the 'small print' for each of the programs is a little ambiguous. figured... i'll swap out some other stock for some ccl & rcl--if there're additional benefits, i.e. the ownership perk. but if it cannot be combined with the amex benefit (which is pretty good) it wouldn't be of much use to me--all other things (returns/dividends) being relatively equal. does that make sense?

as an aside: (although i'm far from an experienced cruise taker) the way i approach it, is from a cost-per-day perspective. is there a way to apply the obc's to the 'suggested' daily gratuities--or as a way to tip an individual who's truly gone above and beyond (if not, i wonder why not)? otherwise, i'll 'spend' the obc (they make it easy to do) but most cruises [seem to] offer good value, even without the specialty restaurants, extra spa services, a 'cruiseline' package tour, etc. appreciate any guidance. thanks.

s/f

vr/chandler
SoCalGringo@gmail.com

over...