CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Dress / Packing (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/)
-   -   Stylish walking shoes (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/328682-stylish-walking-shoes.html)

lira February 24th, 2007 01:08 PM

Stylish walking shoes

I'm going on a European cruise in late June. We will be taking 4-5 hour shore excursions in Italy, Monaco, France, Spain, Portugal and Belgium that involve quite a bit of walking (not "hiking"). I'll be wearing mostly skirts and summer dresses and need some cute walking shoes (not Teva, Birkenstock, sneakers, etc.), on the strappy, stylish side (metalic leather, for instance). I'm looking for suggestions on brands and/or specific style names.

Thanks,

Lira

Rev22:17 February 24th, 2007 01:36 PM

Re: Stylish walking shoes

Lira,

Quote:

Originally Posted by You
I'm going on a European cruise in late June. We will be taking 4-5 hour shore excursions in Italy, Monaco, France, Spain, Portugal and Belgium that involve quite a bit of walking (not "hiking"). I'll be wearing mostly skirts and summer dresses and need some cute walking shoes (not Teva, Birkenstock, sneakers, etc.), on the strappy, stylish side (metalic leather, for instance). I'm looking for suggestions on brands and/or specific style names.

Sounds great!

I don't have a recommendation on shoes, but I do have one recommendation. You might want to make sure that your skirts and dresses fall below the knee and that your dresses and tops completely cover your shoulders (or bring a shawl to cover your shoulders in your day bag). Shore excursions in that region often visit churches that have significant art and architecture, and most of the churches have very strict dress codes that require clothing to cover the shoulders, the knees, and everything in between. They also require ladies to wear hats or kerchiefs to cover their hair.

Norm.

lira February 24th, 2007 10:31 PM

Thanks for the advice, Norm. That's important imformation. I think I will keep a hat and shawl in my bag. Lira

trarecar February 25th, 2007 09:18 AM

Taste is subjective, but I like the Clarks shootoff lines, like Privo by Clarks, Indigo by Clarks, and Artisian by Clarks. They have some really cute shoes that are as comfortable as the regular Clarks, but much more stylish.

colorcrazie February 25th, 2007 12:05 PM

I like the Dr. Scholl's sandals. Nice cushioned soles, velcro straps all around, so you can adjust them. My feet swell on cruises and if I do any walking. Plus, they look nice... not high end fashion, but fairly attractive.
Marty

LisaK February 28th, 2007 10:28 AM

I would look into Rockport, Naturalizer or Propet shoes.

subtropic March 9th, 2007 09:29 PM

I would say Clark, Naturalizer, or Bass.

patsfan March 15th, 2007 11:58 AM

i would say

I am a big shoe person
I would say Aerosoles.
I even have some heels made by them and they are very 'in' and also comfortable
Have Fun!