Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > CruiseMates Group Cruises

CruiseMates Group Cruises Details about CruiseMates Group Cruises- Share the fun and anticipation with other CruiseMates sailing on them.

Old February 11th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Beginner

Default Manzanillo individual excursion?

Hello,

This is my very fisrt post, since I have just joined in. I will take my frist cruise ever to Mexico on the Carnival Spirit in March, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with some questions.
The last port of call is Manzanillo, and after some research on the internet I have found out that one can take a taxi to Kolima/Colima to have a nice beach day. I have also found some info on an archeological site in Colima - La Campana, which I would love to see. Has anyone ever been there? Can you do La Campana by yourself? I am not crazy on organized tours...
I thought I would take a cab to Colima, look around the main square with some historical buildings, go check out La Campana and then spend 1-2 hours at the beach. Is it feasible or I am just being overtly idealistic?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!