Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Familiar Face

Default Transatlantic - best time of year?

Is there a prefereed time to make the transatlantic cruise? Is the weather worse in the winter?

How does Queen Mary ride in the water? Fairly smooth?

Seabourn 1995 - Carnival Elation 1996 - Sea Princess 1998 - Crystal Harmony 1998 - Grand Princess 1998 - Holland America Ryndam 1999 - Renaissance 2000 Oceania 2002 - Carnival Conquest 2004 - Pride of America 2005 - Emerald Princess 2006 - Crsytal Serenity June 2008
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Beginner

Any time is a great time for transatlantic crossings, and the weather is always unpredictable. Some say a winter crossing is a bit more fun, i.e., rougher. But having been on QM2 13 crossings, I have yet to experience anything but a too smooth and serene passage. The ship is a true ocean liner, and not a floating cruise hotel, a houseboat, so to speak. One can always hope for a roughly uncharacteristic crossing, however. For the less adventurous, odds favor the serene. The ship itself is a maritime beauty and handles any weather admirably and with great elan.
Old April 15th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Anytime I'm on the ship is the right time. Seriously, you can have rough seas anytime of year. But the QM2 is an ocean liner built to handle almost anything and there is little movement. If you are concerned book a cabin midships on the lower decks. You will be so busy having such a great time you will be amazed how quickly the time goes. The ship crossed from NYC to England in early January of this year and it was smooth and apparently a fantastic trip. It could have been the exact opposite. My question would be what are your plans when you arrive? Weather at your destination could be key to what you are planning.
Old April 22nd, 2010, 12:36 AM
Beginner

Thanks for the kind welcomes.....made my day! my grouchy old cat likes things her way..period...she is one of a kind (we all say that dont we?!) actually we are tied at the hip so even look a bit alike, being a bit portly....i had my last "tied at the hip" friend till he was 18 yrs. old...bluepoint siamese...jees i loved that cat..i still see him around and its been 20 yrs since he walked through the veil. i will see if i can get some pix on soon...of dogs too...got some awesome photos...just have to figure it out how to put them on...i am old but not stupid so who knows, maybe even today!!!!! had the dogs since they were wee little puppies, so they are still my babies...