CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Disney (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/disney/)
-   -   What is the better value disney world holiday for a family of six? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/disney/389572-what-better-value-disney-world-holiday-family-six.html)

Ellai May 25th, 2012 07:01 AM

What is the better value disney world holiday for a family of six?

With 4 children and two adults, I am confused as to which Disney world holiday option offers better value for money; fly drive villa rental or package holiday staying in a Disney hotel.

I'd appreciate opinions from people who've either both option from the UK.

Thanks!

HawkeyeFLA May 25th, 2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellai (Post 1429779)
With 4 children and two adults, I am confused as to which Disney world holiday option offers better value for money; fly drive villa rental or package holiday staying in a Disney hotel.

I'd appreciate opinions from people who've either both option from the UK.

Thanks!

Just like with cruising, contacting a good travel agent will be your best bet. You can also contact Walt Disney Travel Company UK and speak with them.

UK visitors get access to a slightly better ticket option as well, with the maximum number of days going up to 14, compared to the traditional Magic Your Way ticket that maxes out at 10 days.

I work at one of the hotels, and I do see the vast majority of our UK guests staying for 2 or 3 weeks at a time, visiting all the Disney parks, as well as venturing out to Universal and Seaworld. Most it seems go via WDTCUK, Virgin Holidays, and I occasionally see Thompson I think it is.

And as great as this board is, for a Disney land based vacation, there are numerous boards more dedicated to that as well. DisBoards is one that comes to mind, but a quick Google will find others for you as well.

Buddy of mine is a US based travel agent specializing in Disney ... next time I see him on FB, I'll ask him if he knows the best route for UK visitors.

ruthlessboss May 25th, 2012 07:35 AM

If money is no object, I'd stay on Disney for the convenience. If you stay off property, it might be cheaper initially, but less convenient when you want down time, plus parking fee each time you enter the parks.

AF1 June 4th, 2012 11:22 AM

I recommend staying inside the park at a Disneyworld hotel. Here are the benefits to staying inside the parks.
1. You can enter a park one hour prior to general public
2. You can ride the Disney transportation right from your hotel
3. If u get tired you can go back to hotel to rest and go back into park later
4. u can charge everything to your room

*these are a few benefits for staying inside the park

bill85 July 19th, 2012 07:08 AM

I work at one of the hotels, and I do see the majority of our UK guests staying for 1 or 2 weeks at a time, visiting all the Disney parks, as well as venturing out to Universal and Seaford. I suggested staying inside the park at a Disney world hotel.

Donna July 19th, 2012 08:36 PM

I must say, I also agree with staying inside the park, you can come back for lunch, swim, nap, etc. and go back for the evening and fireworks. It's also an added bonus to have the transportation right there...

victoria12 October 1st, 2012 06:02 AM

Try to stay inside the park

Just like with cruising, contacting a good travel agent
I recommend staying inside the park at a Disneyworld hotel. Here are the benefits to staying inside the parks. You can enter a park one hour prior to general public. You can ride the Disney transportation right from your hotel

Thanks

storybookcruises.com October 1st, 2012 03:58 PM

You've gotten some great information, so there's not much I can add.

As was stated, if you're only going to Disney World and no where else, you won't need a rental car and staying on their property is a big plus.

However, if you plan to go other places and only spend a few days at Disney World, then it would behoove you to get a rental car and stay off property.

We've been there and have also had alot of our clients go down there - with families, it's always been cheaper to rent a house and do our own thing. You can rent a private house through any one of several companies. And these houses have their own private screen-in pool, plus an outdoor grill. Benefits are that you can make your own breakfasts & dinners, if you like, thus saving considerable amount of money. It also costs less and provides more options and amenities than staying in a hotel.

Pete

Beau222 February 2nd, 2013 11:44 AM

One other perk with staying in the Park is you can have pretty much anything you buy delivered to your room. No need to carry it around all day.

Donna February 2nd, 2013 07:12 PM

Since we're talking WDW, I have always just booked directly with Disney, now I wonder if there is a better way to go. Are there travel agents that give you perks for booking with them?? Also, you can go through Expedia and Travelocity, are those any better???