Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Familiar Face

Question Remy

Hello all! I've booked my 1st Disney cruise for March of next year and I'm already super excited! It's a 7 dayer on the Fantasy with Star Wars days at Sea, yaaaay!!

It will also be right around my 9th wedding anniversary and the hubby and at are 99.99% we want to do Remy as a very special (and admittedly expensive) treat. We're lucky enough to be travelling with extended family so we even have someone to watch our 2 year old

I have 2 questions:

1. I live in FL and I know that trying to get reservations at some of Disney World's best restaurants is super difficult. As a 1st time cruiser on Disney am I setting myself up for disappointment in hoping for a Remy reservation since Castaway Club members get 1st dibs?

2. Any opinions or tips at all? I know I'm looking at around a $400 check if we do the wine pairing, and we don't mind spending that for a special occasion, I just want to be sure it's worth it :-)

Thank you!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2017, 02:04 PM
Welcome Newcomer

You may have to be flexible and it will depend on the time of year that you have booked. Plan on getting online the second you hit 90 days prior and are able to start booking excusions and book Remy. My first cruise I was lucky to get it on my birthday at 7pm. Other times as a Gold member I couldn't get anything that worked with my itinerary.
Also, if you booked through a Travel Agent ask them if they can help. The good ones will at least try.
Hope that helps!
Old March 21st, 2017, 02:06 PM
Welcome Newcomer

And in answer to question #2, plan on taking your time, 3-4 hours is not uncommon. And plan on dressing up, this is not a dress pants and collared shirt place, break out the suit and dress to the nines.
It's also a great time to get photos taken in the atrium.
If you plan on buying the photos on CD buy it before you set sail, it will save you like $30.