Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Entertainment on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Entertainment on Ships All aspects of shipboard entertainment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Rock Legends Cruise II - Getting Ship Shape

by Paul Motter

The lineup for the second Rock Legends Cruise promises more rock 'n roll history on the high seas.

There are more "first time" acts – and as far as I know most of these bands have never played on any cruise ship before:

Paul Rodgers – known as a founding member and lead singer of the bands Free and Bad Company, Paul Rodgers also took over for Freddy Mercury in the band Queen. Rodgers has also toured with Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney, Jeff Beck and more. I am just waiting to see who will play in his backup band on this cruise.

One of my favorite bands; 38 Special, sold more than 20-million records in the 1980s with the hit song "Hold on Loosely."

Foreigner is one of the most popular classic rock radio bands of all time with over 70-million record sales. Their hits include "Feels like the First Time," "Cold as Ice" and "I Want to Know What Love Is." That was just their first album; "Double Vision" and "Waiting for a Girl like You" followed.

Creedence Clearwater Revisited will be onboard as the new line up for the band responsible for the classic Creedence songs "Susie Q," "Lodi," "Proud Mary," "Down On The Corner," "Fortunate Son" and "Who'll Stop The Rain?"

Randy Bachman and Fred Turner started Bachman Turner Overdrive in the 1970s. BTO sold over 30-million records including songs like "Takin' Care of Business," "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet" and "Moonlight Rider." Bachman and Turner have just reunited after almost 20 years apart.

Blue Oyster Cult is credited with being at the forefront of true hard rock with hits like "Don't Fear the Reaper" and "I Love the Night."

Also new to the Rock Legends Cruise II lineup is Black Oak Arkansas - one of the truly original "Southern Rock" Bands.
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...ape-120410.cfm

What do you think about this amazing lineup?
Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Admiral

I am booked and ready to go again. As good as the first Rock Legends cruise was, this one is definitely sounding better to me. No offense to ZZ Top or George Thorogood but I think there is more upper tier talent booked for RLC II than we saw on the first cruise.
Old April 10th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I thought ZZ Top and George Thorogood were just great on the first cruise - but Paul Rodgers is one of my all-time favorite rock stahs, so...

I am just waiting to see who is in his backup band, because that could be huge. Recently he has been playing with Bad Company, but I think they would have said that....

I hear he also tours with the guitarist who plays for Paul McCartney. Or he could just use players from bands already onboard (who doesn't know all the Free and Bad Company songs? Believe me, every player knows them.)

38 Special is also a great band - but they have played on may cruises before, usually the Lynyrd Skynyrd Simple Man cruises by Sixthman. I will miss the Outlaws, but Molly Hatchet is really good. And Foreigner, a really first-rate band from the 80s.
Old April 10th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Admiral

Indeed, the Paul Rodgers addition definitely caught my attention! But as you say, he could pull together a band from the onboard talent and most people wouldn't realize it since those songs are 'de rigeur' for any classic rock musician, and it would sound good enough.

I am a huge fan of CCR so I am very much excited about Creedence Clearwater Revisited.
Old April 11th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Captain

Smile

Sounds like a pretty good line up to me.My wife and I saw Foreigner in concert last summer only one orginal band member left. Lou Graham is not the lead singer anymore.The new lead singer is from a group called Hurricane.It was a heck of a show.Deffently worth checking out.We also seen Blue Oyster colt last summer with Foghat one of my favorite groups.Very good show.Have not seen any of the other bands in the line up but sounds like a good time to me!Just a little side note we also went and watched Pat Benatar(spelling?) one of the best concerts we ever been to! Shes a lot smaller then I thought shes just a little tiny person. Also seen Venice Neal from Motley Crue.That was some kick a@s rock n roll.
Old April 11th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Very few bands from the 60's and 70's have original members .The Fugs are one example .
Old April 11th, 2012, 01:44 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

Wow....this sounds unbelieveable!

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski
Old April 26th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Edgar Winter

Why isn't Edgar Winter coming back to the 2013 cruise? I thought his act was one of the best on the ship!
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:20 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

new additions sound great!

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Admiral

To me ,there is still something not right about a rock singer on a cruise ship .

Will Nirvana and ACDC ever do this ?