Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2011, 11:39 PM
First Mate

Default Will RCC allow a 35mo old join the 3-6yos?

When we are hoping to cruise, DS will be a month away from turning 3. His sister will be a month away from turning 5. And, well, I have it in my head that it'll be nice for them to be together at any Camps we decide to put them in. RCL splits them up 0-2 and 3-6 so looks like they'd be apart. I'm disappointed because I am reeeally excited about the Allure

I know on a Carnival cruise they will be together (they do 2-5 I believe) and I'll stick with CCL gladly.....just would like more options if possible.

So has anyone any experience with RCL bending thier Camp age guidelines?
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2011, 04:53 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Royal Caribbean is VERY strict about their age policies......especially the minimum age to participate in the Adventure Ocean program. The child MUST be 3 years old (not even 2 years and 364 days old) to be allowed in AO, but they also MUST be potty trained and INDEPENDENT with adjusting their clothing and doing personal hygiene. Your 35 month old will not be allowed in AO. Sorry - this is what their liability insurance policy dictates.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 10:31 PM
First Mate

Oh wow. Okay. Good to know they are that strict so I can start getting over it now I realize now that even if we sailed RCCL, I'd have to attend the camps with him if he's younger than 3yo anyway so we're just going to stick with Carnival for this year's vacation.