Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default How strict are age limits for kids?

Taking our kids on a cruise for the first time in February 2012 to the Western Caribbean. We would like to take them Snuba diving but arent sure how strict they are on age limits, as our son is 7 and is 3 months shy of the age limit... It let me book it without an issue through the NCL website and He's tall so not sure they would notice, but obvioulsy NCL has his age on file... Has anyone tried this? are they going to send us away once we get to the boat?
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I think they will let you go as long as the suit fits, and if they don't I am sure they will refund your money. If he really looks older I just wouldn't say anything.

You don't say where this is, but if he is a good swimmer if he can't snuba then he can probably snorkel (if he gets turned down) anyway.

And if he gets turned down don't tell them you saw anything about an age limit when you booked it. (plausible deniability)
Old January 12th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thank you for the reply this was kind of what I was thinking too, just wasnt sure if anyone had tried "breaking" the rules a bit... The two locations we're looking at SNUBA are Roatan and Cozumel.
Old January 29th, 2014, 04:57 AM
Welcome Newcomer

They probably wonít ask and your son will be able to snuba but youíve got to be careful if you need to claim on your travel insurance for any reason connected with the dive. If you need to claim for any small injury or something that arises from the activity, then your policy will be invalidated because you knowingly went against regulations. Completely up to you how you feel about this! As the poster above says, snorkeling is another option and itíll likely be just as enjoyable for your son and the rest of the family.