Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default First Time.. what docs do I need?

Ok..this will be our first cruise... I want to make sure I don't leave any necessary papers at home.. What will I need besides the following -
luggage tags, passports, birth certificates, boarding passes?
I keep reading something about "visas" ?? Where and how do we get them? and are they necessary? We are born/from Canada and taking Carnival Imagination for 4 days from Miami which goes to Key West and Cozumel. We will be two adult parents and an 11 yr old daughter with us.
Do we need any special vaccinations? We won't be going into the water anywhere so didn't bother to get Twinrix etc..
Am I allowed to bring 6 cans of diet coke with me? I don't want to buy on the ship if I can help it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old February 17th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosiegirl View Post
Ok..this will be our first cruise... I want to make sure I don't leave any necessary papers at home.. What will I need besides the following -
I keep reading something about "visas" ?? Where and how do we get them? and are they necessary? We are born/from Canada and taking Carnival Imagination for 4 days from Miami which goes to Key West and Cozumel. We will be two adult parents and an 11 yr old daughter with us.
Do we need any special vaccinations? We won't be going into the water anywhere so didn't bother to get Twinrix etc..
Am I allowed to bring 6 cans of diet coke with me? I don't want to buy on the ship if I can help it.
If you have passports for all three of you then you won't need the birth certificates but you can never have too much. Otherwise it looks like you have your documentation in order.

A Visa is not required for any country or port in this itinerary so don't worry about. Actually Visa's are only required for a few places around the world. It is a document or stamp in your passport, that you acquire from the country that you wish to visit, before you travel. It often requires you to send your passport to a consulate or embassy of that country, along with payment, and they will issue the visa and stamp your passport.

Six cans of soda should be OK.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 18th, 2011, 01:36 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosiegirl View Post
Directly from Carnival's website:
On embarkation day, guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages onboard, only in their carry-on luggage.

Frequently Asked Questions, Information | FAQs | Carnival Cruise Lines

The 4n Imagination is a fun cruise, I took it back in November of last year.

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.
Old November 15th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Familiar Face

If you have passports why would you need birth certificates?
Old April 3rd, 2012, 01:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy View Post
If you have passports why would you need birth certificates?
In case you lose your passport on your way to the ship. Many people still think they do need their passports during port calls.

Of course I know better than that. If they accept American currency they should accept a Florida state ID.

Looking forward to cruising!

Read and post cruise reviews