Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Familiar Face

Default Advice on 3 day Vancouver-LA: any good?

I'm considering trying a 3 day Vancouver to LA or something similar. I am guessing it is a repositioning trip, but that's just a guess. The trip is basically three nights and two days at sea (leave at 4 PM on day 1, arrive LA in the morning on day 3).

Does anyone have experience with one of those? Is the ship "fully operational" or do they lack a lot of the normal things to do (no enrichment, live entertainment, etc.)?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbeach1 View Post
I'm considering trying a 3 day Vancouver to LA or something similar. I am guessing it is a repositioning trip, but that's just a guess. The trip is basically three nights and two days at sea (leave at 4 PM on day 1, arrive LA in the morning on day 3).

Does anyone have experience with one of those? Is the ship "fully operational" or do they lack a lot of the normal things to do (no enrichment, live entertainment, etc.)?

Thanks!
I have done them at least three times. The ship is fully operational . Some of the activities designed for longer cruises won't be done or the time is reduced . Can't remember but there might not be a formal night.Port talks and enriches aren't done . They also have good sales on merchandise from the locations . SB they have a great sale on Alaska merchandise . NB they have tropical things greatly reduced.
This cruise is great for myself & DW as we only have to fly once. A lot more younger couples and families on these cruises. There is more of a party atmosphere as well.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the info!
I will check on the formal night if I get to book.
There are HAL and Princess options as far as I can tell. Possibly others.