Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

Old August 29th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Your experienice in bringing alcohol aboard?

There is a thread on the Celebrity board about bringing wine and / or alcohol on board the cruise.

Celebrity's policy is two bottles of wine only, and you may purchase alcohol / mixer packages.

We have always brought our own on board, (in the checked-luggage) and have never had a problem.

Was curious what your experience was in transporting or bringing on board? Thanks!
Old August 30th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Familiar Face

Default Bringing your own

First, let me wish you a great time on your cruise as I see you are ready to leave if you haven't already.
And yes, I think most of us have brought some with us from time to time and in the checked bag. I usually worry about breakage more than anything, especially when you see those bags stacked 10 high. In Europe, where shore prices are so high for us, it really would make sense.
Bon Voyage
Old August 31st, 2007, 03:29 PM
First Mate

Where most of us have to fly to an embarkation point, and with today's stringent airport security in place (no liquids in carry-on's), it stands to reason that "it" must go in the checked luggage. Whether or not luggage is scanned we do not know but if it is, how can they discern the content of plastic water bottles, mouth wash bottles, soda bottles and the like within the time frame of loading the luggage aboard to that of avoiding the customary complaints due to late deliveries of a needed change of clothes. We all get the point...just make sure it's plastic....
Old September 4th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to paulnashtn Send a message via Yahoo to paulnashtn
Default liquor

I usually travel Carnival and carry 2 16oz plastic coke bottles full of rum--just my fav drink -- NEVER had a problem, also pack in ziploc bags in case of leakage