Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Beginner

Red face Atlantis cruises

Hey Guys,

New to the forums here. Have any of you guys been on an Atlantis Events cruise? If so have you got any feedback/good advice for them?

Cheers

Martin
Sponsored Links
Old March 17th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Beginner

Smile does no1 cruise Atlantis?

Hey does no1 book Atlantis Events?
Old March 18th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Familiar Face

After a few Atlantis cruises, I moved over to RSVP for the higher quality entertainment, better port choices, nicer ships, and less of the younger drugged out clientele attracted by Atlantis.
Old March 20th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Familiar Face

Have done both, and have found no difference between Atlantis and RSVP...Ages are about the same depending on US trips vs overseas trips....Obviously, due to prices, overseas gets an older crowd....
We are not big partiers, but we LOVE both of them!
We have found no attitude on either, and just really like the positive vibes on board....
Bring door decorations and costumes....!
Old March 28th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Beginner

Default Cruising With Atlantis Events

Hi!

I have been on 3 crusies with Atlantis Events.
Although I have preferences regarding cruise lines and ports visted, I have enjoyed all 3 of my cruises with Atlantis Events. Have never experienced any problems. There were always a mix of young and older travelers - however, the Alaska Cruise I did in 2005 was of an older crowd than compared to the Mexico Cruise I did.

I may try RSVP Cruises - life really is too short not to have some variety.

My only complaint with Atlantis Events Team is that they seem to be quite reluctant to try a cruise from or to San Francisco, CA. It just doesn't make sense (to me at least) why they would not at least try it once.

Because of this, I will probably have to book passage on a straight cruise - which I do not really want to do - as there are several straight cruises from and to San Francisco on a regular basis.

I have had several people (whom I personally know) tell me they would be extremely reluctant to go another straight cruise. On the other hand, I have had straight people tell me they would definitely go on a gay cruise.

DJ
Old May 31st, 2010, 12:46 PM
Captain

We did our first "gay" cruise last year to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We've done about 20 others on regular cruise ships which I still enjoy. I was nervous as we are not party people but it was fantastic to be on. You could enjoy the eye candy without any fighting and you could find a nice quiet area to read a book. We met alot of people who were in the same frame of mind as we were too.
In August, we are going to do a Mediterranian cruise (last one was Mexican Riveria) which we booked while we were onboard.
Inspiration -09/05
Mariner-05/06 & 10/09
Century-01/07
Crown-04/07
Liberty-11/07
Explorer-08/08
Insignia-11/08
Destiny-07/09
Oasis Inaugural Cruise-12/09
Monarch-03/10 & 07/10
Equinox-08/10
Freedom-02/2012
Mariner; RSS- 10/12
Jewel-12/12 b2b
Independence-12/13
Enchantment- 01/14
Legend-TA- 04/14
Freedom OTS-10/14

Booked:Solstice Alaska; 09/15
Old August 4th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Beginner

I've done 2 Atlantis cruises and had an absolute blast. I leave for my third cruise in a few weeks. They are whatever you want them to be.
Old August 5th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via Yahoo to COMBOY

Yes, I've done both RSVP & Atlantis. All I can say is their are simply wonderful. I've done many straight cruises and they don't even begin to compare to the all-gay charters. I've meet alot of really nice guys on the cruises. I've never found the charter to overly sexual except many in the steam room. There are all types of guys and age ranges and body types. Everyone seems very friendly and I've never found a lot of attitude. Yes, there is a lot of nice eye candy around the pool, but you'll also see bear or daddy types too! Whatever you style, age, taste you'll find it. The entertainment is always top notch. The only down side to these charter is they are at premium cost; however, I think it's well worth it given the atmosphere and entertainment. I highly recommend these charters.