Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Health at Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Health at Sea Questions on the treatment of sea sickness and other cruise-related health topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Snick's Guy

Default Sea Sick meds and Drowsiness

Hello---

Does anyone know if the "patch" makes you sleepy. Also, do you have to avoid alcohol?

Thanks for your replies.
Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Sea Sick meds and Drowsiness

I'm not sure if it makes you drowsy but I do know that you're supposed to avoid alcohol. I used Bonine. Only ended up needing two pills for a 7 day cruise as we had smooth seas. Didn't get drowsy and had a few drinks with no side effects. Hope this helps.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old October 4th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Sea Sick meds and Drowsiness

Hi - the patch didn't make me sleepy but definately avoid alcohol. I tested it out at home with a glass of wine and I was blotto after a few sips lol - cheap drunk lol. The patch does make your eyes a little red but I had no vision problems otherwise. It was great not to have to worry and I really have a problem with motion sickness otherwise. I tried the less-drowsy Bonine recently on boat trip and was really sleepy the whole day -so I guess it just depends on your metabolism or something. I wore the patch (changing it every third day) for the seven day cruise as well as five days after in Orlando so I could do the rides at Universal, The only trouble was I was dizzy for a couple of days after I got home and stopped usuing it. I will definately use it for the next cruise as well. Hope this helps. You can e-mail me if you need more info. TTFN Jennifer