Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2001, 08:49 PM
First Mate

Default British Isles, Western Europe HAL Amsterdam, May 3

Going on HAL Amsterdam on May 30 on British Isles and Western Europecruise. Never been to Europe before. Has anyone done this cruise - any suggestions re excursions, clothing, etc.?
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2001, 05:29 PM
First Mate

Default Re: British Isles, Western Europe HAL Amsterdam, M

I don't know your itinerary - but we were in England and Scotland two years ago in May and I was certainly glad I had several cotton sweaters & T-necks to layer, as it was a lot cooler than Colorado in May! On the ship the cabins and public areas will be reasonable and climate controled [in your room, you will be able to adjust it] but on tour or on deck -I might take a few warmer things and for SURE a "windbreaker" or raincoat! I envy you! You will enjoy it! Anne from Colorado
Old May 19th, 2001, 03:19 PM
First Mate

Hi Anne,

Thanks for your imformative reply. It's going to be a lot different than packing for the Caribbean and hopefully we've got layers for all types of weather. We will be going to France, Ireland, Scotland, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway and Denmark and as you can imagine, we're very excited. We're from Ottawa, Canada and the weather has been quite hot and humid lately, so, will really notice a difference!!
Thanks again. Dan
Old May 23rd, 2001, 12:41 AM
max

Hi Dan...we are scheduled on the Amsterdam on June 10th...must follow your cruise...please let us know how you like the ship etc etc.....you can email us personally if you wish or we will check this board...thanks, Max
Old June 15th, 2001, 03:52 PM
Dann

Hi Max,

Sorry we didn't get back to you sooner, but guess you boarded just as we got off Amsterdam in Copenhagen. Hope your cruise will be as great as ours - we loved the ship and found the crew most attentive and the passengers very friendly. Could do it all over again in a minute. Have a great one.
Dan