Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2005, 03:12 PM
brylac73

Default no Ironing clothes on Zuiderdam???

I noticed on HAL websiote that the Zuiderdam and two other ships have no ironing in the laundry rooms? should i bring my on iron?

plus in the "Packing Adivce" the advise not to bring garmet bags with the hanging hooks poking out of them, what do you use then?

i have no problem packing suits in regular bags, but i ned to know if there are smewhere to get these ironed or pressed at least.
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Admiral

Default Re: no Ironing clothes on Zuiderdam???

Vista ships, like the Zuiderdam do not have laundry rooms.

You are not allowed to bring irons on ships, so don't even try as it will be confiscated, when they scan your luggage. Some people bring steamers and find this works.

You can send all laundry and dry cleaning out to the ship's laundry. Just speak to your cabin steward and he will take care of it for you. They don't charge very much for this service.

The reason they don't want paxs to have garment bags with the hooks poking out is that the hooks could get caught on other baggage and cause a lot of damage. Of course if you are driving and will be carrying the garment bag on board with you, that that's a different matter. Even the airlines will not accept garment bags with the hooks sticking out.
Old September 4th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Katerina

Default Re: no Ironing clothes on Zuiderdam???

For suits, jackets and pants - I just hang them on the back of the bathroom door while having a shower and the steam takes the wrinkles out - have never had to iron any packed item by doing this.