Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Default P.V. "Le Kliff" and restaurant update question

We're going to Puerto Vallarta 6-28 (in a few weeks) for ten nights.It's going to be very warm and humid but it's okay because we love watching the thunder and lightning storms on Banderas Bay. Plus we will be visiting our good friends Mare and Conrad.

We go there (P.V.) often and have many favorite restaurants. I was web surfing the other day and found an article and a review of a restaurant 13 kms south of town called "Le Kliff."

Have any of you Cruisemates or P.V. officianados been there? We're thinking of giving it a try when we're there. Also are there any new restaurants we should know about?

Our favorites so far are Mariscos Polo, Cafe des Artistes, Las Carmelitas, Los Pibes, Trio's, Le Bistro, River Cafe,etc....

I understand that Abadio Baso has moved to a new location. I wonder what that is like. Hmmm. I always liked their quiet little space that was cozy and tucked away from the swarms of tourists.

I just thought it might be fun to try some new places if anyone has some good recommendations. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2004, 12:54 PM
First Mate

Default Re: P.V. "Le Kliff" and restaurant update question

Chuck,

While I can't personally speak to Le Cliff (or Kliff - been there for a quick drink, but not dinner), I'd like to suggest that you pose your questions on one of the PV message boards. I'd put down the link for my favorite (the one with Brenda and JR, etc), but am not sure if I can or not. If I can, then I will - sounds silly, I know, but I don't want to beak any rules unknowingly.

One of the inhabitants of that particular board has put together a restaurant list which has a whole slew of names. She has persoanlly been to all of them (she goes to PV 3 - 4 times a year).

As well, the readers/participants of that board are more than willing to share thoughts on places to eat and thier experiences.

We hope to be back in PV next year in April for 2 weeks. This year was the 10 day on the Summit, which was fabulous. We usually stay at the Fiesta Americana....and take those crazy buses into town.

One place I can recommend is Mezza Luna. Up the hill from the first part of the Malecon. Good Italian food with a great little garden in the back for al fresco.

Again, I'll post the link if it's OK....maybe you even have it already.

Let me know.

Sid1962
Old June 2nd, 2004, 08:15 PM
Admiral

Thanks for the tips.

We've been to Mezza Luna and enjoyed it very much.

Le Kliff does in deed have a K, not a C. Interesting spelling.

Thanks again. We usually go to P.V. at least once a year and sometimes we stay for as long as a month. This year it is just ten days though. We're not too keen on leaving our miniature dachshund, "Knock-Knock" for that long.
Old June 15th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to shayesship

I have eaten here a couple of times over the years. I love the place for the location and views as much as for the food. If I remember correctly they do not have a phone or take reservations (Well as of 2 years ago)

65+ cruises on over 10 cruiselines.

Celebrity Mercury 09-24-07
HAL Veendam 12-16-07
PCL Golden Princess 04-19-08
Cunard QM2 11-29-08
CCL Splendor 04-26-09
Old June 21st, 2004, 11:28 PM
Carlos Guzman

Hi dear friends, Le Kliff is a Amazing restaurant located 20 min. southside from downtown Puerto vallarta, im sure that you will be impress and will never forget your visit to this unique ans spectacular oceanfront restaurant...

Carlos Guzman & Family
Le Kliff owners

PS. We also personally reccomends Felipes, restaurante y bar up in the hill in downtown... www.felipes.com
Old July 25th, 2004, 11:03 PM
HS

I ate at Le Kilff just last week. It was fabulous, one of the best restaurants I have ever dined in. Put it this way. It might have the most fabulous view of any restaurant in the world. But even if it was at the end of an alley with no windows, the food would be well worth the trip.
Old July 26th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Admiral

That's good to know. We went there in June only for a drink and the view. We were returning from a picnic in El Tuito and were not at all hungry. So we were passing Boca se Tematlin and saw "Le Kliff Restaurant" and stopped for a drink.

We'll have to give it a try next time we go to P.V. Thanks for the heads-up!