Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > MSC Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default MUSICA daily on board newletter needed

Hello,
I'm looking for any of the MSC Musica newsletters that are handed out each day during the cruise. We'll be there for the Med. cruise in October. You can also email them to me at mmiller@mastry.com. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Can I just ask what it is you want to know? Maybe you don't actually need the newsletter.
Old May 24th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Welcome Newcomer

It mainly has to do with embarking and deparking at each port. I know in Santorini it says we're there from 8:00 am to 2:30pm but I know we'll have much less time than this. I also heard they debark using a number sysytem and some people wouldn't get off until around 11am if they were given a higher number. I also like to know times for the buffets etc.
Old May 24th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Yes... online it says you are there from just 8:00 am to 2:30 pm. And you are right that you have to tender.

One way to assure you get off earlier is to sign up for a tour, as they take those people first.

The other option is to just to be among the first people in line to get a tender ticket.

Also (a little secret, don't tell) - unless it is very packed there are often spaces on tenders. If you just sort of meander down to the loading platform you may be able to squeeze on - but I didn't say this).

Finally - I wouldn't think it would take you taht long to get off the ship, especially if you arrive early for a ticket. But if it does then I assume you don't have a tour planned - which means all you want to do is see Thira. Three hours is probably plenty of time to see it. In Thira definitely go to see the local Museum. It has all the major artifacts from the island including the original painting of the two fishermen.

If you want to see Akirotiki then you should get on a tour in my opinion, since you will want a guide anyway.