Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2002, 09:17 PM
MR DOOWOP

Default le bistro breakfast on NCL Sun ?

...........Somewhere; I recall reading that the breakfast @ le bistro restaurant was definitely " the way to go " on the NCL Sun; however, I was also under the impression that Le Bistro was actually an alternative dinner " surcharge " restaurant on the NCL Sun ? .........Does Le Bistro serve both breakfast & dinner on the NCL Sun ? .....Are both dinner & breakfast " surcharge " meals on the NCL Sun ? .........Lastly; how good or bad is breakfast @ Le Bistro & what , if anything, distinguishes their breakfast from others onboard the NCL Sun ?
Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2002, 07:38 PM
Admiral

Default Re: le bistro breakfast on NCL Sun ?

I'm not sure about the Sun. The Dream has breakfast at Le Bistro and it is quite good with no charge. Call N.C.L. and ask them. I'm sure they will tell you.
Old October 5th, 2002, 10:20 AM
nmNita

Default Re: Re: le bistro breakfast on NCL Sun ?

Boy that sound awesome. I never knew this. We are going on the Sky in January, I think. Hope we can do breakfast in Le Bistro, what fun!!!!! Nita
Old October 5th, 2002, 04:51 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly

Same question for Dream.
Old October 5th, 2002, 08:27 PM
Admiral

Le Bristo on the Sun does have a surcharge. It is the same for lunch or dinner, $10 per person. Norwegian atlernates which resaurants are open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It depends if you are in port or at sea. You can look up the dining times in the newsletter each night.

When you board the ship you can make reservations or look at all the restaurants menus at the front desk in the main atrium. You can set up reservations for the entire cruise or one day at a time.

Alternate dining restaurants that have an extra charge are:

East meets West - $10 per person
Ginza - al cart
Le Bristo - $10 per person
il Adagio - $10 per person
Old October 10th, 2002, 06:42 PM
al heinlein

how about the norway?
Old October 18th, 2002, 02:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: le bistro breakfast on NCL Sun ?

What is the opinion of the quality of food at the "surcharge" places vs. the "non-surcharge" restaurants?
Old October 18th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Nita McKelvey

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: le bistro breakfast on NCL Sun ?

Arlene, it just depends on your likes and dislikes. I for one like to split the week up. We did traditional dining twice, the Tapa bar once, Pacific Heights once and the 3 specialty restaurants. I liked the Italian restaurant best for food and Le Bistro for service. My daughter like the Habachi (Japanese) but I didn't think the service or food was worth the price. The Shrimp and the Ceaser Salad in the Italian rest were worth the extra bucks. Also the service was a 1 star better, though non of the service was bad. if you are happy with a Streak, basic salad and small baked potato you may want to save your money. For me, I will just think $50 more per person for the cruise and enjoy the alternative dining part of the cruise. Hope this helps. Nita
Old October 19th, 2002, 01:10 AM
MR DOOWOP

I am still trying to find out the following re: le bistro breakfast : 1 ) Does le bistro breakfast have a " surcharge " or is it free ?? .....2 ) What; if anything, distinguishes le bistro breakfasts from other breakfast on the NCL Sun ??? .....
Old October 19th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Nita McKelvey

I know someone on the Sun starting today who will answer this for us on another website or I have asked her to check. Will let you know as soon as I hear. OK? Nita
Old October 19th, 2002, 08:48 PM
Passenger

We just got off the Sun this am, and there was no breakfast in Le Bistro. One of the main dining rooms offers breakfast every day, as well as the buffets, but that was it. We did eat at Le Bistro for dinner, as well as East Meets West and the teppanyaki room ---- we enjoyed them all for the variety, but we found the food in the main dining rooms to be excellent for dinner, so we ate there more often than we had planned. Italian Night was particularly good ----- I had swordfish, my husband and daughter had veal chops, the appetizer was calamari and all were top notch. Just remember to check the menus for both restaurants before you decide because they do differ ---- for instance, the swordfish was only offered on one menu that night. Have fun!!!! We liked the Sun and would not hesitate to cruise any NCL ship again.
Old October 19th, 2002, 09:15 PM
MR DOOWOP

Default Re: Re: Re: le bistro breakfast on NCL Sun ?

Thanks again............Somewhere I recall eading that 1 of the restaurants had smoked kippers & lox, etc. for breakfast ( a rather exotic menu) & I thought that I also recalled th reading that the above items were featured at Le Bistro; but I guess I was misinformed. Although I will remember to check the menus ( do you recall approximately what time they are posted ? ) ; I do recall reading many " opinions " that the food in the 4 Seasons was superior to the food in the 7 Seas ?? Don & Noel
Old October 20th, 2002, 08:48 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: le bistro breakfast on NCL Sun ?

Another note from me!! We only had 1 breakfast on the dining room and I know they have different items on different days, but the waiters in the main dining rooms are glad to fill you in on what is offered on which days, so you can plan ahead. I never saw breakfast menus posted, but the dinner ones are posted early in the day. We ate in both main dining rooms and found them pretty equal, but it's important to check the menu ahead, because they do offer different choices. For instance, I had a great swordfish on Tuesday but it was only offered in the Four Season s(Seven Seas had salmon that night). I do hear that they will bring you something from the other menu, but you'd need to know what's available in advance since you'll only be given one menu when you sit down. The Sun staff is also very accomodating about offering you seconds or more than one choice if you can't decide ----- we hadn't seen that on our past few cruises. We found the staff excellent everywhere, which we really weren't expecting, but it must be a relief for them too to not worry about tips. We did give a little extra at the end of the cruise to a few who were particularly helpful. I also enjoyed the shopping on the ship ---- Colombian Emeralds is the main store, with a great selection of jewelry at very competitive prices. Have fun!!