Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2006, 12:05 PM
Passenger

Default Unlimited drink (not soda) cards?

I read on another message board that people were offerred unlimited drinks cards (alcohol included) for $46 a day per person for large groups but the entire group had to buy it? I also read it might only be offerred to foreign travelers (non US residents) or that invidual bartenders on the boats offer this???

We called NCL and they were totally unhelpful about this.

Is this just a rumor, urban legend, or has anyone ever heard about it?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2006, 12:40 PM
First Mate

I've been on 4 NCL cruises in the last 4 years and I've never heard of that.

I'm thinking it's an urban legend.
NCL Dream - '08
Carnival Miracle - '07
NCL Dawn - '06
NCL Spirit - '06
Carnival Legend - '05
NCL Dawn - '04
NCL Dawn - '03
NCL Sea - '02
Cunard QE2 - '98
Old April 1st, 2006, 01:11 PM
Admiral

I have heard something to this affect too, but on other cruise lines. However, I would guess it has probably gone the way of the dodo bird. One thing you can do on NCL is to order a bar setup for your room. You can get a bottle of rum, whiskey, vodka, etc... for around $40. I read someone bought a bar set up of rum and asked them to provide pina colada mix, then brought her own small blender and was whipping up pina coladas like mad. I suppose when you're paying $6.00-$9.00 per drink this might save some dollars.
Old April 1st, 2006, 01:12 PM
Admiral

I too read about it on "the other board" I think the story is about like this: it must be a group of 40 or more and probably needs to be a group booking. remember the one mother mentioned her son was traveling on spring break with a bunch from college? Also I have heard in the past everyone in the group must purchase the card. As for price, like you, I have seen $200 for a week, $50 per day and $46 per day. It's all about the same. Probably you got little help from NCL cause it does only apply to group bookings so the average agent would not have a clue. NMNita
Old April 3rd, 2006, 02:03 PM
Beginner

Default cost

When we were on the Star in Feb there was group there who paid about $350.00 to drink anything for the week. Including all juices, softdrinks. I know they had access to the bar, but I don't remember the restrictions. I know the group had booze freely flowing for their group. Booked thru a TA
Old April 3rd, 2006, 02:17 PM
Passenger

WE are a group of 32 people booked under a group number but through cruises only travel agency.

My husband called NCL on Saturday and they were completely unhelpful. WE are going to call our travel agent who booked the group and see what she can do. We are pretty certain all 32 of us would participate in the promotion (can you tell we are a bunch drinkers!).

If I get anymore information, I'll post it.
Old April 3rd, 2006, 07:45 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Unlimited drink (not soda) cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandd
I read on another message board that people were offerred unlimited drinks cards (alcohol included) for $46 a day per person for large groups but the entire group had to buy it? I also read it might only be offerred to foreign travelers (non US residents) or that invidual bartenders on the boats offer this???

We called NCL and they were totally unhelpful about this.

Is this just a rumor, urban legend, or has anyone ever heard about it?

Thanks
Please do let us know. I think it would be up to your TA and the group desk. I get the opinion this is not the easiest package to book, NMNita
Old April 4th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Default Re: cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUZIN TOM
When we were on the Star in Feb there was group there who paid about $350.00 to drink anything for the week.
Is that pp or for the group?

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old April 4th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Default Re: cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Shark
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUZIN TOM
When we were on the Star in Feb there was group there who paid about $350.00 to drink anything for the week.
Is that pp or for the group?
perperson.
Old April 4th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Admiral

I'll pass on that great deal. For a 7 day cruise, that is about 17 drinks/day.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old April 4th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Shark
I'll pass on that great deal. For a 7 day cruise, that is about 17 drinks/day.
Well it wouldn't be that many: average drink probably about $7.00 depending on what you are drinking so it's more like 7 per day, but I agree with you. I was just on another board where someone was asking how much to plan on for liquor? I am shocked at how much people must drink. I consider myself a pretty good drinker but not like some. They say $1000 or $800 for a week (2 of them) we do get a bar set up in our room which is $40.00. Other than that I would guess we spend more like $400 for 2. I feel like I am falling behind in my old age......
Old April 16th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Passenger

Ok... we spoke to our travel agent at Cruises only... it is only for groups of 20 or more and its $210 for an 8 day cruise...each person in the group has to do it and everyone has to be over 21 years old so if there are children they don't offer it.

It includes beer, wine, and well drinks all day - at the pool, dinner, shows, etc.

We are hoping to be able to get all 30 people do it... and might pay a little extra if there are one or two non-drinkers in the group.

I get back from my cruise 7/16 and if we end up doing it, I'll let you know how it worked out.