Old July 9th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Yeoman

Default How far in advance do I have to book the Epic?

I'm interested in cruising on the Epic but not until spring 2011. (The summer is great in Sweden and I don't wanna cruise the Caribbean during the fall because of the risk for bad weather so spring 2011 would be my first chance.)

Since I don't like the "bathroom layout" in the standard cabins a suite is my only option. I want a side view and I don't want to pay for a second bedroom which I don't need so the Spa Suites, SA, and the Courtyard Penthouses, A4, seems to be my options.

I have seen that about half the suites in those categories are already booked for the cruises in March 2011! I don't wanna book my cruise before I can book by flights and that can normally not be done more than a year in advance.

Will it be possible to book one of the SA or A4 suites if I wait until next spring or will they all most likely be booked already then?
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Captain

March is a peak season with most schools and colleges in the States having spring break during that period and early April.

Not sure what the rules for deposits are in Sweden but if you book in the states they are fully refundable on the SA but not the A4. I would book an SA now to hold the cabin. If airfare does not work out you can cancel or transfer the deposit to another week but at least you will not be locked out.

I have to believe the SA and AC penthouses will sell out first since they offer the best value with al the courtyard perks.

If you were smart enough to pick up a Cruise Reward voucher on your last cruise you could hold that SA for a net of $150 USD.

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old July 9th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Yeoman

Thank you for your answer.

We DON'T wanna cruise during springbreak so maybe we shall do the cruise a little earlier. (We cruised on the Dawn in March-April 2006 and as I understood it it was before springbreak, is that wrong? I was told by one of the staff that the first cruise after our debarkation should be during the springbreak.)

As I understand it, after reading in the brochure, 10% of the travel fare will be lost if we decide to cancel a booked cruise when it's more than 60 days to departure.

The cruise rewards are NOT as smart as NCL wants us to believe! My last cruise was booked by NCL in England and paid for in GBP and that means that my cruise rewards would have been in GBP too and they are only possible to use for a cruise booked in GBP, not for example a cruise booked in USD if I should find a great deal!

Another thing is that the cruise rewards are NOT enough to cover the deposit for a suite if the cruise is booked in Europe! 20% must be paid immediately after the cruise is booked and if the cruise reward is worth less than 20%, more money is needed for deposit!