Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Sky's LeBistro restaurant

Has anyone eaten here? What were some of the foods on the menu? Worth the extra money? If you have eaten in any of the other 2 (Italian, Cagney's), which was your fave? Many thanks--we leave on Fri!
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2010, 01:10 AM
Administrator
Admiral

The lamb chops and clam chowder are my two favorite things from Cagney's. I've even ordered the clam chowder as an appetizer and salad.

The steaks are also great. The large filet is good but it is a lot of meat.

Enjoy,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 9th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Having just returned today from the cruise, I'm here to report to those interested what some of the items on the menu at LeBistro were. There was a frisse salad with gorgonzola, walnuts, and champagne dressing; onion soup (absolutely delicious--had it every night), escargot, seared sea scallops, asparagras in orange hollandaise sauce (delicious and so light!) with mushrooms, foie gras and maybe 5 others. Entrees included duck, swordfish, coq au vin (GREAT--ate this 2 nites), pork loin (gravy good but meat a little over cooked), rack of lamb (hubby said it was fantastic), bouillebaise (sp), beef tenderloin, and another seafood selection or two. Desserts included creme brulee (just ok), flourless choc cake, ice cream, sherbets, cheeses, and some others, but we had souffles two nites which were good. Staff went out of their way to be accommodating, granting our every wish, were very pleasant, professional and informative. I would highly recommend this restaurant. It's hidden away (you need to use entrance on deck 6 across from Captain Cook's bar to find it) and is decorated lovely and quite romantic. Bon appetite!
Old August 9th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Admiral

Cool Cagneys/Le Bistro

On the NCL Gem we ate at Cagneys, I do remember I had a huge rib eye steak, Parrot Pop had a double order of I also remember of jumbo shrimp, the salad, french fries and I can tell you we could not finish our meal.. It is more than well worth the $$.. As for LeBistro, we ate there twice..escargot to die for, onion soup and I honestly don't remember the rest of those romantic meal..We had been given gifts of wine board ship and were allowed to bring it to both restaurants without charge.. we never got to the famous chocolate fondue..but we went there twice.. There was a South Seas atmosphere and I remember vividly the Versace charger p lates so beautiful we couldn't help but take a picture..lol.. The 24 hour restauraunt, Blue Lagoon on our ship had the WORST service, but a tomato soup to die for and buffalo wings..and it was free, I remember the hamburgers too..but asking for an iced coffee ended up in nothing but frustration when we were lucky to get it by the end of the meal.. We did have breakfast there too, but as i said.. service was incredibly bad and we saw people actually walk out..